Neurological disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay07

Original Poster
Has anyone had the problem where their dragon was irritated by light and heat? I think Bart's situation is really not improving because he won't stay under the light. He's not eating much and has not pooped in over a month. It seems like he might have a respiratory infection now and might have to go back on antibiotics. So, has anyone had a dragon with a neurological problem who wouldn't stay under the light?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Bart, it breaks my heart to read about his situation. :( I can't offer much help....maybe consider trying a CHE along with the uvb bulb ? Keep it around 90 to see if he'll tolerate that ? I'm afraid that he is possibly beyond getting his health back. Maybe the steroids would be something to try ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry Bart is still not doing well. :(
Which steroids are they considering putting him on? I think that they may help him out.
Have you adjusted the temperatures to a lower range, to see if that helps at all?
So he avoids the heat & light all of the time? I agree, 90 would be a good temperature to try.
Is his beard black quite often?

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Jay07

Original Poster
AHBD":opkg8v0m said:
Poor Bart, it breaks my heart to read about his situation. :( I can't offer much help....maybe consider trying a CHE along with the uvb bulb ? Keep it around 90 to see if he'll tolerate that ? I'm afraid that he is possibly beyond getting his health back. Maybe the steroids would be something to try ?
Thank you, I have a CHE that I could try.

Jay07

Original Poster
Drache613":ludf0fpe said:
Hello,

I am so sorry Bart is still not doing well. :(
Which steroids are they considering putting him on? I think that they may help him out.
Have you adjusted the temperatures to a lower range, to see if that helps at all?
So he avoids the heat & light all of the time? I agree, 90 would be a good temperature to try.
Is his beard black quite often?

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie
Hi Tracie,
The steroid is prednisolone sod phos. He always crawls away from the light. It's summer in the city and I have not installed my air conditioner yet. Daytime temps in the apartment are around 86 and night time temps 81. Trying to keep the place as warm as possible for the boy. If he has an infection can he be on antibiotics and steroids at the same time? His beard has only been black twice in last month when he has trouble breathing. In both of those situations he was left alone for less than two hours. As soon as my wife or I came home and laid down with him his beard lightened and he relaxed. Other than that he has not had a black beard.
Thanks
John

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If the temp. throughout the apartment are 86, try lowering them so that he might then stay under the light. He may be too hot under the light since your place is so warm already. Shoot for a 90-92 degree basking spot. Maybe the lamp may just need to be positioned further away.

Jay07

Original Poster
AHBD":30loqmwp said:
If the temp. throughout the apartment are 86, try lowering them so that he might then stay under the light. He may be too hot under the light since your place is so warm already. Shoot for a 90-92 degree basking spot. Maybe the lamp may just need to be positioned further away.
Midday under the light is about 100 deg. I could try and raise up the light to lower the temp.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom