needs pics for housing set up for baby Max..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpitman01

We purchased a package from the pet store that had all of the lights and temp gages.. however, after talking to some people on the ER discussion board I think we need to change our lighting. Can anyone post some pics of some options on how to set up Max's home that has worked well for them.

Thanks, Kalie

LQDragons

Juvie Member
discribe your enclosure, you know size, what its made of, then you can get appropriate response's for your enclosure, not just this or that will work .

all of ours are simular to this, it has a tube fluoresent for general lighting, MVB for uvb, & a 100w basking bulb for heat
DSC_0023.jpg

kpitman01

Original Poster
I think it is about 30" long (sitting on a 3 shelve bookshelve)... it came with three lights that sit on top of screen, a blue light, the heat light, and it looks like a black light. It has a stick on temp gage, which I am going to change due to other discusstions. I currently have two items he can climb on or hide under and a water bowl. I am using the calcium sand that the pet store suggested, however, in other discussions I have been told this may not be good for a baby and I would probably need to change it to papertowels or something like that. I just got him Sunday and he was doing great until Wed he stopped eating and just sleeps. through other discusstion we are thinking it may be the lighting. I want to see how others are set up so I can get an idea of what I need to do and hopefully get Max feeling better.

Thanks, Kalie

LQDragons

Juvie Member
he needs to have a uvb source, a tube type works really well, reptisun 10.0 is what I recommend. For a 30" viv, I would use a 24" tube , you can buy the fixture a your local hardware store (ie.Lowes,Home Depot, ect.). As for the tube or lamp, you can order online or buy @ petstore. Then you have to make sure your dragen can get within 6" (or so) of the lamp. I'm sure others will post up with more advice soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom