Needed: Suggestions for Decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Hello! So, I'm just looking for suggestions on where you guys get your decor, or if you have particular pieces that you like. Gabriel has a 75 Gal tank, and it's got plenty of pieces in it, but they're mostly generic ones from stores like Petco, which is fine, but they tend to run a little small and a little limited. I'm looking for larger basking platforms or larger branches, things that I can use to create layers and things he can really climb on, since he's getting bigger. Also, I just want to provide him with a few new things every once in a while to mix it up. I would make it all myself, but I'm not so good with my hands, I've tried it before and I simply don't trust myself to get it right.

Thanks!

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Well, That might be a little tougher. It depends what your price range is, but you could always try just making a wooden platform and/or using outside branches. I know you said you weren't really handy, but maybe just a wood platform would be simple enough for you. For the branches, make sure you bake and clean the them beforehand at 300 for 30 minutes and with 10% bleach solution respectively.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
You can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a large granite tile and set it on the decorative paver bricks, just make sure it is stable. That would make an inexpensive basking platform that's easy to clean. Depending on how high the platform is, it may also double as a hide for the hot side. Just be sure it is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom