Need the best staple worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyT

Juvie Member
People reading may or may not remember me, but I used to post here a lot but I stopped for a while because of some family issues. Now my dragon, still no name, is a good bit larger and I need a good staple feeder to order for him because its becoming a pain to get him so many crickets. I was thinking of Silkworms, but can anyone recommend any others for me? Thanks!

Andy

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
phoenix worms (USA) or calci worms / nutri worms (UK) are excellent staples- they are high in calcium and don't need dusting.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I remember you. :)

Im a fan of Superworms. They are cheap, and they also happen to be Dudleys favorite! If you can get silkies or hornworms though, those are better. :D

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, but I've already tried those, he likes them and I know they're good for him, but they go very fast and are small. I was thinking of something a little larger that would also be nutritious.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
AndyT":16ojatwq said:
Thanks, but I've already tried those, he likes them and I know they're good for him, but they go very fast and are small. I was thinking of something a little larger that would also be nutritious.

How big is your dragon? If he's over 16" you can start giving him superworms. From what I know, silkworms require a bit more maintenance than other worms so you might not want to go that route unless you're a far more patient person than I am, lol. I like superworms because you fill a tub with some oatmeal, add worms, add carrots every couple days, and they're good to go for weeks.

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's not quite 16 inches yet, I think he's small for his age. I will try superworms in a few months after he's bigger (hopefully). Thanks, nair! I have tried breeding Dubias but unfortunately the male died on me. Hopefully, one of the larger nymphs will be a male so it can breed with the female soon. Unfortunately, I ordered some silkworms earlier because I wanted to get the order in so it could be prepared and shipped by tomorrow. How can they be harder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom