need some experienced handlers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
so i was taking sookie out of her soak today(she is new to me i have had her 2 days) and i noticed this blotch on her stomach. It almost looks like the beginning of a shed but im not certain. So without further ado
sookiesstomach.jpg

Any ideas on what this is?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just answered your pm. It looks like a shed. But, since it's hard to see the color, it isn't red or raw, is it? She wasn' on a heat rock or heat pad that you know of, right?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
no im certain travis would have never put her on a heating pad or heat rock.
its not red or discolored. it is the color of the beginnings of a shed but i have never witnessed the beginning of a shed starting on a stomach.
that was my worry.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can certainly shed in patches like that on their stomachs. Actually, right now Sabrina has a line across her belly that has shed and the bottom part hasn't yet, so she is 2 toned. :mrgreen:

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
travis said the same thing that it is the way she sheds she always starts on her stomach. so its all good to go. thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I agree with Diane its shed.If it were red or yellow in color then I would be worried.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed. :wink: Don't be surprised though if you see her scurrying along on her belly to get the rest off. Sabrina did that last night and there was also a video posted here recently where a beardie was rubbing along on the carpet to get it off. Here's the link, I know the poster won't mind. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=101994&hilit=

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears to be a shed. We have one dragon who gets an odd looking color on his belly exactly like that. It takes him awhile to shed it too, but when he does his belly sure is glowing white! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom