Need lightweight, lidded, warm travel viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I am a speech therapist at two different middle schools in our county. Many of my students have learning difficulties as well as speech and language difficulties, and some of them have more involved disabilities such as cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. I've told my students about my beardie and they want to meet him. When we were practicing social skills one day having a mock phone conversation, a student told me that he wanted to come over and play with my iguana, or something to that effect.

As soon as Clovis gets a clean bill of health (last fecal had some lingering pinworms) I'm going to devise a way to take him in. However, there is an issue: both school buildings are FREEZING. I've used one of those big Rubbermaid tubs to transport him, but over Christmas we discovered that he can get out of that if he wants. I can't put the top on it because I have the heat lamp clamped to the side.

Any suggestions on how to jury-rig a lightweight travel viv to keep Clovis warm and enclosed while he's not delighting my students with his antics?

(And don't worry, I know which hands are the grabby hands and those hands will be closely watched.)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Could you just put some hand warmers in the tub instead of a heat lamp? If I need to transport beardies in cold weather, I put them in a little plastic shoe box with a blankie and a warm rice sock, and it keeps them nice and toasty. :D Hand warmers last a lot longer than rice socks though (and rice socks smell like feet, if the sock you use isn't brand new LOL!) so you would want to use those instead.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He might need to be in there for more than the car ride though, and the room is seriously freezing. I wear lots of layers and when I need to stay in there to do work, I wear my winter coat. I don't know if hand warmers will cut it. He'll probably need breaks from being handled, and I go into some classes where taking him would be a big disruption, so he'd need to stay in the room, unfortunately. :/

I know they're kind of big, but if you use the clear plastic storage totes (mine's almost the size of my tub...and that's what I use it for. Phoenix can't get out), it might work. It's not heavy, but it might be a little awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom