need help with food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrow4

I got a new beardie(named him godzila). but I dont know what vegitables to feed him, and the crikets that i got for him keep getting out at night. help

bigbrow4

Original Poster
k thanks. but now he wont eat the vegitables . how do I get him to eat the vegitable and he is eating 5-8 crikets a meal is this normal?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You can try to add some baby food to the salad and some on his nose! Or you can buy some phoenix worms or horn worms and put it in there, they will wiggle in there, he may just eat some of the salad and like it!!

bigbrow4

Original Poster
thanks. he is eating a lot of crikets though he is still a baby not even 1 year and he eats 7 crikets a meal is this normal? sorry im a new owner and non of this was on the sites that I used for research.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
How big is he? Do you know how close to a year he is? My 7 month old will eat 60 crix some days (other days only a few) plus veggies and my boyfriends 11 month old usually eats around 30 plus veggies.
Sara

Lovethelife07

Hatchling Member
first off :) my beardie is named lilly too lol
and when i first got her she wouldnt even TOUCH a salad...i tricked her though ;)
i got a few phoenix worms and mixed them into her greens and when she saw them move and tried to "catch" the salad...she ended up eating the whole thing
now she just expects worms in there :)
it really worked for me...i tried a lot of other things-baby food, water, dieting for a day then giving her a salad...but this by far worked the best
good luck

bigbrow4

Original Poster
thanks this all helps a lot. last night I found Godzilla leaning up in the corner of the tank is this normal or should I be worried. and he hasn't sheded yet he is as big as my hand from palm to the tip of my finger I don't know how old he is but the people at pet-co asked if he had sheded yet. I feel like an ***** asking stupid questions like this :?:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
To help with sheds, offer 3-4 baths a week. water level with the shoulders, temps 90-100*F for around 15-20 minutes. Always supervised.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom