Need Help (before 4:00PM central time) about type of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi,
Sorry for the title lol...in a hurry. I need to special order a tank from a pet store and the lady is truly trying to help me out (cut the price) but I don't know if it's a good idea or not. It's a 125gallon tank (I know it's big) and she wants to know if I want the "thinner" glass (for reptiles pretty much) or the "regular" fish-tank type glass. Obviously the thinner is cheaper...but is it practical? Does anybody have a tank made out of the "thinner" glass (don't know what else to call it)????
Any advice/info would be helpful. Neither one is cheap and we don't really want to pay for something that is going to crack/not hold in heat well (costing more money in other areas)/etc.
Oh, I have until 4:00...she has to order it before than or we have to wait awhile longer :? .
Thanks,
Abi

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
The thinner glass for reptiles is fine. The big fish tank glass is like half an inch thick I think. I had a 150 gallon fish tank and it was 370 lbs. go wit hthe thinner glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom