need bigger tank suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
[iNikita is in a 20 long right now and is definately feady for a 40-55 gallon tank now. Iwould prefer to get a tank with the doors in the front where I'm so short. I've been looking and I see that there are three companies out there that make these tanks. Zilla,Zoo Med and another starts with an E... Does anyone have any preferences on these? or are they about the same? Also What stores are carying these types? I'm having a hard time finding them at petco and petsmart.... Thanks for any replies

kristoferh21

You can look on amazon.com for all of your zilla, zoo med(which is crap), and Exo terra. Exo terra makes a nice 36×18×18 40 gallon, front opening terrarium. However a dragon that size would fare MUCH better in something larger than a 40 gallon and I would recommend at least a 75. A 40 would do no harm to your dragon however they wont be nearly as happy as in a 75-125 as they can move around much more freely. None of those brands carry anything larger than a 40 gallon size as far as floor space is concerned so your better off to pay someone to build one for you or do it yourself. Which is much less expensive than a dragon ready enclosure and much more customizable. Hope this helped!

krzylilwoman

Original Poster
Yes actually this helped a lot. I went to a website today and looked at some really nice custom built terraniums. I'm going to see if my step-dad and husband can build me a nice one for him. Thanks for your input.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Actually Zilla does carry a Tank with the sliding screen top, the Tank is 48 Long x 24 Wide x 18 High. Here is a Link, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, the Biggest tank is at the very bottom and it say's the Dimension's, you can click on the picture and it will pop it up and there is an adult beardie in the Tank so you can get a good size comparison. A lot of people use the Zilla Critter Cages.

Link : http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/critter-cages.htm

krzylilwoman

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies. I ended up finding him a 55 long aquarium with a screen top. I need to get another light today because his temps aren't getting quite high enough. He seems to be doing ok otherwise. I want to find him some new decor for his viv because it's looking kind of drab in there. I'm also going shopping today to find a new stand for his tank because as of right now he is on my kitchen table because the stand his 20 gallon was on will not handle this 55 gallon. He isin shed mode again so he has attitude ashe always has when he sheds. I'm hoping when I bring him home some new things for his new home he will be a happier boy. Thanks again for all your help.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Actually a 55G is way to thin. 12 inches is not going to be Wide Enough for An Adult Beardie. An Adult beardie will be between 18 - 24 inches long and they will not be able to turn around in a 12 inch Wide enclosure, also beardies do need A lot of Floor Space to roam around. That is why We build our Enclosure's 48L x 24W x 24H which should be the smallest size cage for a beardie, but the Minimum Smallest Size Enclosure is a 40G Breeder Tank. It's 36L x 18W x 18H.

You need an Enclosure that is much Wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom