Need a Diet Plan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I recently adopted a 2 year old female dragon who is 16-ish inches long and very obese. I'm wondering what sort of diet plan anyone else has used for an overweight dragon. Right now I'm just doing salads and one dubia a day as a treat for eating her salads. I am also letting her out in my house and giving her daily baths (starting today). I have had her for a day and like her lots!! She's a snuggler like 2 of my other 3 girls.

Please don't comment if you aren't experienced. I don't want any bad advice!!

Gail

BD.org Addict
Your diet is about the best way to go, if she need to loose weight then you have to keep the fat in her food low which you are doing. Let her get as much exercise as possible too, swimming is another way to get her active.
The only fat dragon I seen who didn't loose weight on a good diet was a very lazy girl who hardly ever moved. Even with only salad she stayed fat.
Any change you could post a picture? Another thing to consider with a female is the possibility of eggs.

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will post a picture when she calms down from the move.

She has no possibility of eggs, thank goodness, unless they are infertile. However, her stomach is not lumpy and I don't see any other signs of her being gravid.

Thanks for the input!

Gail

BD.org Addict
Wow, she is really wide. Is she always like that or was it just from basking? She is really very pretty, I love lavender side bars like she has.
Its hard to see if she is really fat or just stoutly built. Try to get pictures of her face and chest area. Fat dragons will often have lumps of fat in the arm pits and under the chin. Her legs and tail don't look abnormally large.

Gail

BD.org Addict
She's not really fat and far from being obese. I was expecting a dragon with enough fat rolls to prevent it from walking. I'd feed her a normal diet for a adult and keep up with exercise so she stayed well toned.

DragonsNDoodles":y5qpchru said:
I recently adopted a 2 year old female dragon who is 16-ish inches long and very obese. I'm wondering what sort of diet plan anyone else has used for an overweight dragon. Right now I'm just doing salads and one dubia a day as a treat for eating her salads. I am also letting her out in my house and giving her daily baths (starting today). I have had her for a day and like her lots!! She's a snuggler like 2 of my other 3 girls.

Please don't comment if you aren't experienced. I don't want any bad advice!!

Do you mind me asking what weight she is? I thought ours may be a little on the chubby side as he has a rather round belly, but not that round. Our is 17" and 417g roughly. I don't think he is overweight as he is still very lively and moves freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom