Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, the tech came in, was the battery of the PVR that was shot, so was replaced and everything I taped is still there. So now I have lots to watch, as I got onto Netflix and Shomi. Won't be so bored!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I hope so, too, I want to walk without pain again!
Thanks for your good wishes, even got a call from my manager wishing me well. My whole team at work signed a beautiful get well card that I was given before I left last night. I'm going to miss work, even though I won't miss the commute.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thinking of you Deb, hope all went well and you aren't in a lot of pain. HUGS............

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks so much for your good wishes. They worked! The surgery was a complete success! I've bee at my sister Gail's since Wednesday night and go home tomorrow. I decided to stay the extra day because of the pain mess, they make me high & dizzy,not a great combination when you're on crutches. I'm being so well looked after. Cami went to my place yesterday to feed Bunny, in the rush to leave, I'd forgotten to chane her rep ashy.
My babies will be on their own for two days, but I fed them all well Wednesay morning, they all had baths, they all pooped, all got run around time and lots of snuggled. Best I could do.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that the surgery went so well. :) Good idea staying at your sisters for an extra day especially since the pain meds affect you like that. Nice of Cami to help out.

Take care and be careful. Your babies are snoring away. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Got home an hour ago, surgery went 100%, glad I stayed at my sister's because it sure was difficult at first to get around on crutches! Still on big time painkillers but not as many & only for a couple more days. The dragons are all doing well. Leo, Gabriel were fast asleep when I got home but Castiel was up on his basking log & Nathaniel was settled on his pillow beside his log. I woke Leo up & put him on his log. Cierra is still sleeping in her hide. Joanne is coming over later so I'll feed Leo and put more superworms in Nathaniel and Castiel's dishes. I'll get around with collards tomorrow. Have to feed Gabriel tomorrow and hopefully can manage their supplements.

My sister went shopping for me so added to what I already had in the house. She's wonderful and being retired now she was able to help me alot. She's a wonderful woman and considering that we never got along until I moved out here, it's great to have her for a sister. We couldn't be more different!

So I'll report in tomorrow on how my babies are. Cami came in yesterday to make some Repashy for Bunny, but I'll get up later (before pills!) and make sure, plus get her out. I have a couple of chairs that have wheels on them that I can get around on, that will help a great deal!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's so nice to have family and good friends to turn to when you need to.

Be careful with those pain meds. Make sure that you eat something first.

Hope you're getting more used to walking with crutches.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Gina, I'm managing the crutches much better, eating regular meals and do eat something before taking the pills during the day but not at night. Still have to take them every 4 hours for another day (and night) only have a few left, will be glad when I'm done with them. They sure did help me get through the last 2 days, though. Start a new round of pain meds after this type, not as strong but the nurse at the hospital said the foot will pain me for a few more days & I have to stay on top of the pain. So it's still every 4 hours.

It's sure good to be home, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom