Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Nothing like fresh greens out of the garden. I planted 4 types of greens last summer. Had an over abundance for Smaug. Do you have room to plant a small garden or pots on your patio for your beardies?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I've thought about it, going to look for seeds this weekend, as I doubt there are collard green plants growing up here. I have seeds for collards and other greens, too, but they're a few years old, better I get fresh. I'll check out places on Sunday.

I checked Nathaniel's arm tonight and it seemed tighter. He's been very good about staying still in his tank, with his pillow as a support. I'll know more in the morning.

I know I have to take pics, I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, so will get lots of pics of Imp. He's shedding his head, tail and both legs, so he looks funny, gray/white and then really colourful. Hasn't affected his eating, though.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that Nathaniel's arm was sprained. That's what he gets for hiding in places where he shouldn't be. Glad that it's healing and he's staying off of it.

Wow, I can't believe how much Imp had grown! Good job to both of you!

Celebrating Mother's Day at the beach sounds wonderful. Glad everyone had a good time.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Boy, Nathaniel sure is determined to hide under the stereo cabinet. :eek: Sorry to hear about his leg, hopefully it is better now. I can certainly understand how that happened.

Imp sure has grown! Bet he enjoyed being out & about today.

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Makayla, I took lots of pics over the last week, just never got a chance to load them up. So now that's done.

I bought Collard green seeds today and som swiss chard seedlings. Plus 2 beautiful purple carnation plants. So I'll get getting to all that on Thursday, did find out that a local store near where I go to the chiro gets local collards every summer, organic no less, so they'll get some soon.

So thanks for that push, Cooper's Dragon (forgot your name again, duh) got me to the nursery.

Hi Gina! Nathaniel is almost 100% and he's been very good about resting that arm all on his own. I had him out for the first time on the ramp but he didn't go anywhere, just stayed on the ramp black bearding and bobbing Castiel.

Now Imp is on the ramp, he's done waving at the boys (for now anyway) and is watching me type. I got a good pic of him on the ramp, so here are the comparisons.

Comparisons from first week I had him to now:
11887-4774272158.jpg
11887-4691541805.jpg
11887-9603342032.jpg

11887-3586439658.jpg
11887-2300228440.jpg

11887-9955858313.jpg
11887-3812672473.jpg

I still think he's small for a 7 mo old, but the way he's gaining and growing he might just top Nathaniel, who's 18 1/2" long and 455g.

I'm so proud of my Imp. He and Cierra shared some mix today, they both love it. I don't give it as often, just twice a week or so.

Nathaniel is a shedding machine right now, 1/2 his back, his tummy and 2 legs.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh that is good news for Norberta, glad she's growing. Yes, that white head of his looks painful but it's not stopping him from eating at all. He's still on the ramp staring at me typing. Guess it's snuggle time soon. The rest are all asleep.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Yes and she is so happy to be done with it LOL! Good that he is eating so much, have you been able to find more roaches his size yet?
Ha, he's probably wondering why your typing instead of snuggling him. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Nope about roaches, have asked a friend if she has any but haven't heard back. My roach adults are creating babies, now, so he'll just have to wait. He likes supers and crickets, so those will have to make due for awhile yet.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Broly won't eat roaches but I have them breeding still. My hamster enjoys a bug every now and then.

Imp is big compared to the first pic.
If he's small for 7 months old he'll definitely
catch up Broly did and he's still 19" long.

Glad your geckos are doing well and the dragons.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I sent a friend of mine a pic of Rocco's rear end and he's a boy! So glad to hear I was right!

Well, Imp is only 7 mo old, so we'll see how big he is at a year, which isn't until Sept. Then he still has another year to grow before he's full grown, I'm hoping he reaches at least 18 1/2" so he'll be as big as Nathaniel and Gabriel. Cierra is 18" long but Castiel is my biggest at 20 1/2" long and he's not quite 2 years old. So I think that's how long he'll stay.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Imp looks like such a big boy now. I'd forgotten how tiny he was when you first got him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, he sure isn't a baby anymore. He's grown into quite a handsome young man. :) Sure was tiny when you got him. He's doing great.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
You guys think he's ok for 7 mo old? That would be a relief. I was sick all day, coughing and feeling exhausted. Went to the clinic, doc think fibro is attacking me, cough from allergies, but meds aren't working. Guess will see how I feel tomorrow and go back on Monday if I can't see my doc, she's booked into June but have to call Monday am at 8:30 to see if I can be fit in. Even had dentist appt tomorrow but cxl, can't see coughing through the whole thing, that won't work, so will go in June.

Good news, Nathaniel's arm is almost all healed. I had him walk today, hardly any limp and he was out for quite awhile on the ramp. So hoping by next week he'll be 100%. Of course, found him under the stereo again, but that was ok because I opened the area just for him and it was easy to get him out without touching his arm. Smart mom, right :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom