Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I love the poem I forget to mention it.

Troublemaker here too but no other dragons to compare him to. Your house must be ao crazy Gabriel and Nathaniel since Leo doesnt care.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It is, Gabriel and Nathaniel are always black bearding each other. I tried to get worms into Nathaniel this am, he ate a few but not enough. Ariel ate tons of crickets, the mini worms, too. She has such a great appetite and is now basking.

Puff hasn't laid any more eggs but is digging in her tank. She chased down 7 supers today, yeah! Put lots of fresh greens into her bowl, hoping she'll eat those.

Time to feed Leo, then the roaches & off to work.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, yes, Nathaniel is so busy with his manly stuff that he doesn't think to eat. So I have to still feed him once in awhile to make sure he's getting more...and I hate to do it. I have to open his mouth, hate to do that, too.

Ariel got under her basking spot all by herself, this am, so that made me feel good.

Hi Lori, I sure believe that, too!

So more pictures, of everyone!

11887-6805598731.jpg
Areil's cricket belly, gets bigger every day :D

11887-6048043542.jpg
Nathaniel "Mom I'm done with this baf, can I come out now?" :lol:

11887-2211900088.jpg

11887-7095957934.jpg
He was such a beautiful yellow after his bath but I couldn't get it on camera.

11887-6223286246.jpg
Puff was smirking yesterday, but I'm not sure why :mrgreen:

11887-9242242351.jpg
Gabriel keeping an eye on Nathaniel.

11887-2514088713.jpg
Leo happy to be in his tank, sweet boy. He got snuggles, but even then he wants back in.

11887-1501378301.jpg
Ariel's getting the point of basking, finally :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Yay she learned!

I can see Nathaniel is a lovely yellow color even the picture shows no justice.

Gabriel keeping an eye on Nathaniel is even funnier.

Leo is just a tank beardie, isn't he? Thats ok we love him anyway.

Glad Ariel is doing well her cricket belly is just awesome.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I just love seeing pictures of everyone. I sure did miss it when I wasn't on here. Thorn and Ariel have matching cricket bellies only today his is a worm belly. I can tell that Nathaniel is going to keep you on your toes! Puff is looking good in that picture. And Gabriel trying to be the boss :lol: .. Leo is just a good boy, Finn likes his tank too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Kami and Lindz, I can't help the picture taking, they're such good subjects.

So Puff decided she wanted a bath, like it or not, so she drank tons of water and is soaking. I made her the carnivore care mix as she wouldn't touch worms today...she's down to 378g, that is way too little for her, needs to gain 100g to be at her regular weight, so I have to work on her, that's for sure.

So I have 1 more picture, Ariel resting on her piggy & basking brick with an even bigger belly. She cleaned out all the crickets I had left, over 70 I think, then ate 20 worms. She is a non-stop eater, this girl. I'm pleased, though, she has alot of weight to put on & hopefully she'll grow more, too. I ordered 500 crickets, get them this weekend, so she'll have lots to eat again. I have to incorporate all these crickets into my budget, that's $20/week for 500 and she eats them all, then looks for more. At least she really does digest the crickets, even though it makes her poop smell, but I know she's clear of parasites. She doesn't digest the worms quite as well.

11887-1834115377.jpg

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Aww look at Ariel and her little piggy! :love5: I got the boys new blankets and they seem to like them. That is such a good deal on crickets, it is $12 per 100 here :(

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yahoo that Ariel finally figured out the whole basking thing! I'm sure you're relieved that you won't have to move her anymore.

Thank goodness that Puff is willing to eat the CC. Hope she'll slowly gain the weight back.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Ariel is sitting right on her piggy this am to bask, so I moved her light over a bit. She's just so cute, she loves her piggy :D

And Gina, I not only gave her the carnivore care but I fed her 6 supers, too. I'll be doing this every morning, at least the supers, as she eats her greens without any problem

Ariel ate her whole dish of greens yesterday so filled it up again but I guess she was full. She ate so much yesterday, she eats tons every day, it's so fun to watch her eat. Like a little vacuum cleaner :lol:

Nathaniel hasn't figured out how to get over the partitions, so he's been in his tank every night. So Gabriel is back to being out until I get home, he's a happy dragon :lol: I'm hoping Nathaniel doesn't figure out he can get out over the front, maybe the 4 foot drop to the ground has decided it for him!

Well, I'm really hoping that Puff has done with eggs, as it's been 6 days since I found an egg. So I'm really hoping she's done for awhile now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I can't believe my eyes, Ariel is up to 226g :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: And did a huge poop in her bath this am. Still hard urates, so continuing with the daily baths, might give her some electrolytes tomorrow, but wow, is she ever growing! I'll measure her tomorrow to see if she's grown in length. All this in 2 weeks! I'm so proud of my vacuum dragon :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":16qj7398 said:
I'm so proud of my vacuum dragon :lol:
  • smiley6766.gif
    smiley2438.gif
The way she'd been inhaling her salads and feeders, I'm not surprised that she's already up to 226 grams. Good job, Ariel and Deb!

sweetiepie9":16qj7398 said:
I'm hoping Nathaniel doesn't figure out he can get out over the front, maybe the 4 foot drop to the ground has decided it for him!
Shhhh! Don't let him hear you say that. :silent:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

Everyone is looking great! I hope Puff is done laying her eggs also. Geez, poor girl, it does wear them out.
Ariel is really doing well & eating you out of house & home, too. Wonderful job getting her up to par. She is a cutie. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom