Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
That Gabriel is a little stinker! Glad you were able to thwart his escape. Is Bunny still doing well after laying her egg? What time did Eric tell you to come next weekend, or did he pretend like he didn't hear you?

Those are wonderful pictures of your family. The resemblance between you all is very clear. Your parents look well. Glad your dad is doing better.

Had Maisy to the vet today. Evidently the eggs have reabsorbed, which I agree with. Her body is shaped much differently this past week. Never could feel anything in there, and the vet couldn't either. We got the old x-rays out, and they were quite plain, or she has very lumpy intestines. Lol. No wonder she wouldn't dig.

My little angel Cissy is very excited about eating. :) I bought some crickets for her and she was happy to "chase" them as I held each in front of her by a leg. She actually got hold of a couple by herself. The other times, she would chomp and chew (but miss) and I would stick it in while she was chewing. Last night I had her out on the patio. She looked very interested as a small brown leaf blew by, so I went in and got the dish of worms I had chosen for her. She enjoyed "catching" them off the patio, and got one all by herself!

Is it still real warm there? it is here, and we've had some very uncharacteristic humidity, as well.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Nice photos of the family. I'm glad that your parents get to see so much of the kids.

That Gabriel sure is a little stinker! He is simply too smart for you, Deb :laughing6:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Esther, no I didn't pin Eric down for this weekend, but I did tell him I'd be there at 1p on Sunday afternoon. He asked me to call Saturday night, which I will, but I won't take no for an answer at all. It's Leo's first birthday this weekend, I have gifts and it's been 6 weeks since I've seen him. Enough I say.

Yes, Gina and Esther, Gabriel is a little stinker, but with a 2' barrier there now, he really can't reach the wire to the ramp's deep dome anymore. No idea what he'll do next, but I think I have most of the exits covered. It's time to cut his nails so he won't climb the couch again either. That's my project for Saturday am, before I take Lonzo and Puff to the vet.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photo's, you can tell we're all related, such a blend of Mom and Dad. And Dad is doing exceptionally well, his left arm still pains him but he's lifting it higher and higher and still doing all the exercises from the physio. My mom wants him to take over driving again! She likes to be driven around, even though she has her own car :mrgreen:

Bunny is back to normal, since 2 nights ago. She's really hungry, last night she ate 5 crickets. So I'm feeding her nightly until she stops eating so much. That egg was really big, considering her size! If I feel her head is wobbling again, I'll start up on the calcium again, too. I keep a good eye on her every night to make sure she's ok.

Esther, I'm glad to hear that Maisy won't be laying any eggs, hopefully not in the future either.

And that's great news about Cissy, she's eating more. Guess the treatments are doing her some good! Glad to hear it!!!

It's warm here but not as hot as where you are. It gets about mid 80s but that means my place takes awhile to cool down. Glad I don't get up until 8a, so can go to sleep at midnight-1a without an issue.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I took Lonzo & Puff to the vet 2 Saturdays ago. Puff had a great visit and my vet doesn't think she's got any eggs YEAH, of course that could change any time, but so far so good.

Lonzo has round worms. I wasn't even going to take a fecal but after I fed him (I feed him by hand on my chest, easier to get worms in his mouth) he decided to poop on me. So I took that sample into the vet and good thing I did. Not sure how long he'd had them but he was infested. So he's on Panacur 3x/week for 4 weeks. He's not much pleased about it but he's stoick & take his medicine like he should. So I'm hoping that after the meds, 3 wks later when I take his next sample in, it will be clear.

So I also have to get the others tested and since it's $20/sample, I'm sending samples to a friend of mine, Kelly, who does fecal testing through the mail. She doesn't charge the first time, so I'm hoping to get samples Sunday and get them in the mail on Monday. Her Facebook page is "Fast Fecals by Kelly". I have the forms I need to use and instructions on how to wrap everything, then styrofoam peanuts in a box & on it's way. We'll see if the rest are infected. I sure hope not!

My dad is doing so much better. He's driving now & getting around but no golf yet. So my folks have talked about it and decided they're going to move next spring. That way no pool to care for next summer. They're not only finding the stairs difficult for Dad but the property is too much for them to care for either. They've been looking around and found a condo that they really love but it's too soon, so they're hoping it doesn't sell this summer as the owner will take it off the market until the spring, so my folks can get a realtor (they've already chosen one) and have a good chance to grab it. They have an independent appraiser coming in tomorrow to appraise the house so they have a good idea of what it's worth. My mom is already sorting and giving away things to the local hospital or Big Brothers, so she's taking it seriously, which is good. She'll have lots of time to hone her things down to get ready to move.

My niece Tehya was here for 1 1/2 weeks, it was great to see her, she was over to my folks 3x and I saw her 2 of those times. It was wonderful to be with her & my sis took some great pics of the two of us. It's always me taking pictures, so I'm never in them, hardly. Tehya's an artist and at one of her photography shows she was approached by a designer that wanted to incorporate her designs in scarves of different sizes. So the designer made up 6 and gave them to Tehya and she showed them to us. They are just magnificent! So I ordered a small one, not sure when they'll be available, but it will be nice to have one.

Gabriel continues to find things to do in the living room. There are now 2 2' tall partitions in front of the TV stand so he can't get back there, as before I put the 2nd one up, he got through and was asleep on the curtain :lol: Took me awhile to figure out where he'd gotten to. He also decided, one day, to poop on the balcony and then got into the rubbermaid container and fell asleep there. It was very hot that day, so I'm glad he was a bit cooler, still not too cold when I found him, little bugger!

So, again, Eric and Tara have cut me off. I still haven't seen Leo and I still have his gift in my room, plus his card. It was such a cold cut off this time that I decided I wasn't going to mail his gift or card or the birthday card I got for Tara (her birthday was on Aug 12). They left a cold message on my ans machine the Sunday, Aug3, saying they didn't want to see me or hear from me until after the new baby is born mid Oct. I don't understand them at all & I'm really fed up with crying over them, too, so I decided "so be it". I called once, the call was ignored, so I'm going to leave it at that & enjoy my life. Get to work every day & see my family/friends on the weekends. I'm not sticking at home, that's for sure. I went to watch a movie last weekend "Lucy", it sure was a different kind of movie! Then Sunday I spend some time with Jordyn, a good friend's 3 yr old daughter and took her over some gifts as she was 3 yrs old on Aug 6. So that was alot of fun.

My niece Emmy wanted to be in one last horse show this Sunday, but didn't have enough $. So my sis and I went in for $35 apiece and my brother added the last $30, so Emmy is in. I took the $ over to Richard's on Sunday and he was so very pleased that we would want to do that. Made us feel good, too! So I'll be at the horse show on Sunday. Saturday I'll be taking my cousin out for her retirement lunch. She's retired after 35 years as a teacher, so deserves a lunch! I'm hoping something else doesn't crop up. She lives near a really nice beach, so we'll have lunch at one of the small restaurants on the beach & then go for a walk. It'll be fun, I'm hoping for a sunny day.

So here are some pics:
Gabriel on the balcony, sleeping on the top of the tub:

The rubbermaid continer he was in, took awhile to find him!

Leo in Gabriel's tank, enjoying the Arcadia light:

Lonzo showing off his pretty colours:

Gabriel found the little sofa (it's a jewelry box) & had a rest :mrgreen:

A beautiful rose my mom gave me from one of her rose bushes:

My niece Tehya, she's such a beautiful woman, inside and out.

The two of us

Gabriel checking out the roaches in the 20 gallon:

What's in there Mom?

Didi, he's still getting the cream on the side of his mouth & it's working really well, that area is healing well.

Leo glad to be in his tank again. I'm ordering his Arcadia and the one for the ramp tomorrow.

My Imperial Majesty Puff :lol:

Gabriel before being on the ramp, pouting

5 seconds later on the ramp:

He's such a brat :lol:

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Deb,
So sorry about your son situation again :cry: ...sigh.... I hope it will work out and be ok but you are smart not to let it bowl you over though I know you and know it hurts!

I popped in to catch up on you and your dragons. They all look wonderful of course! When I die I want to I'm coming back as one of your's :D I will get all that excellent care you give and live to be a wonderful old age like Lonzo. <3 You are really amazing Deb. :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Awww, thanks, when I die I want to be part of your crew, too! You're as good a mom as I am & I know we've learned from each other over the years...

As for Eric and Tara, I have no idea what to think. I'm just not doing anything, not contacting them, I'm not getting any pictures from them. I'm just leaving it like that. I'm so tired of being cut off & I'm sure, when a bit of time goes along, I'll get hell for not keeping in touch with them to find out how Leo is...that seems to be their way with me. I'm just glad I have my family & good friends to keep me going & don't sit at home brooding. Don't need the extra stress.

Thanks for looking in, glad you think my crew are in good health. Poor Lonzo really doesn't like Panacur, but he only has this week and next week, three doses each, to go through & I'm hoping that does the trick. I still have to get samples from the others and mail them off, but they're not co-operating, so will hope I get some next Sunday so can get into the mail on Monday.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Why was this you niece's last horse show? Is it a cash thing or something else?

Sounds like your son and his wife need a lesson in manners. :banghead:
Sandy H

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Geez, it didn't occur to me that they would blame you for not keeping in touch, but that does make sense.
I guess the only thing you can know for sure is that no matter what, you'll always be wrong. The whole thing is almost incomprehensible. Sure enjoyed the pictures, Deb. It's great that you have so much family nearby. Your babies look great. Poor Lonzo having to take medicine again. He's my favorite, you know. I was wondering why that was the last horse show, too. How are you feeling? Are you sleeping well? I've been busy out at school. Kids start tomorrow. I have a bunch of little sweeties. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Sandy, how are you, how's it going with the kids, are they home yet? And yes, my d-i-l especially. They just like playing with me so I put the emotions away & concentrate on my family, friends and dragons and geckos, of course. That seems to keep me busy, plus I'm starting a yoga class next Saturday, looking forward to that.

As for Emily & horse shows, it's the last show in Langley until next spring. There might be some shows locally but it's a matter of $. This time her dad Richard, my sis Gail and I chipped in. Normally Richard and my mom chip in, but with school starting (possibly, as there's a teacher's strike over here that's been going on since mid June) she's just working at the stable & getting instruction. She's fine with it as long as she can get to the stables every day. Sometimes she's there for 10 hours and rides quite awhile while she's there, too, as she has her leased horse Sugar until the end of August. So she's good for the year. She won 2 2nd places, 3 3rd places 1 4th place, 2 5th places and 2 6th places today, so it was a good day of competing.

Esther, they blame me for not keeping in touch & this time for my mom saying to Eric "so you'll see your mom on Monday (this was Aug 3) so she can give Leo alot of hugs from all of us?" guess he didn't like being told anything from his only grandmother. On well, you're right, I'll always be wrong and I just don't care. Leo will get his 1st birthday card and gift when I see him. It's clothes size 2, so it doesn't matter if it's included with his Xmas present! A friend said it wasn't fair to Leo, but I know he got lots of presents and since he doesn't know me very well, what's the point if I'm not there to give it to him? It can wait.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I tried to switch Puff to roaches, put some in her dish & they disappeared so I figured she'd eaten them YEAH and gave her more. Well this morning I noticed a lump in the newspaper in her hide & pulled it out & found ALL the roaches clinging to the side of her hide. Guess she was taking them out & hiding them so I would think she was eating them. So she's back to supers but only a few a week, she's getting plump & I don't think there are any eggs being made.

Gabriel is trashing his tank as I'm writing as he didn't get out yesterday, it was Didi's turn and he's very annoyed with me, bobs me every chance he gets :mrgreen:

Lonzo has only 2 more Panacur doses and then in 3 weeks I take a fecal to the vet, I'm taking Didi in about the cyst on his side, it's not only growing, I'm seeing 3 more small ones forming, so it has to go & I'm probably going to have a blood panel done on him, as I've never had one done before.

Otherwise they're all in good health, not as active (except for Gabriel) as they were a couple of weeks ago, hard to realize that summer is almost over and brumation is just around the corner. I'm having the other 4's fecals sent away on Monday, hopefully get good samples this weekend. Want to make sure there are no internal bugs hanging around.

I got the long term ins letter that I was declined but I'm doing well enough at work to stay full-time, plus the paychqs are much better! So I'm in for the long-haul. I'll see when I hear from the surgeon, but no rush on that either. At least if I do need a small surgery, I have the short-term to cover me with full-time pay for 2 months, so that's good news.

And nothing from Eric and I'm not calling either. Next time I'm in touch my only question will be "Am I in or out, have to know, not putting up with the constant games. So I'm either part of their family for good or not." He's going to have to decide because I'm not doing this off & on crap anymore.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well I thought I'd switched Gabriel and Puff to dubia, was putting a few in a bowl, they were disappearing, I was so proud of myself...until I found them all :shock: Puff was sneaking them into her hide where they were hiding on the wall (I was even checking inside the hide with my hand, but never though to check on the wall) and Gabriel had snuck them all out and they were hiding underneath his ceramic gecko :lol: So they won this round & got their supers back. Little buggers, eh?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I don't post a lot but do read your thread. I am so sorry about what is going on with your son. Its so very unfair for them to use you at their whim and to use that baby as a weapon towards you for whatever reason they have to do so.
I sure hope the rest of your crew do not have roundworms and that its cleared up quickly. They all looks so happy and healthy. Glad his mouth is clearing up with the cream. Happy to hear your dad is doing so much better except the pain in his arm which may clear up with the physio. Your family and your niece are beautiful and always happy to see pictures of them. Hope the horse show goes well and that was sweet of you to help get her into it since its the last of the season. Its already getting cold here and Emily is slowing down a bit but Emmett is going strong. Rained everyday this week it seems. Have to feed mine and then go out for a bit for some me time. Hope you have a great day.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Could Puff and Gabriel be 'hoarding' their dubias for the winter? Sort of like how squirrels hide nuts? :laughing6:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I agree with Sandy when she says
your son and d-i-l need manners
lessons.

I love horse shows but they do close
in fall right? I know they do here it
rains a lot in fall to May, June is warm
for us on the coast of Oregon. My old
man lizard is down for brumation, bummer.
Hopefully, he 'll be up for Thanksgiving and
Christmas like always since he was 1 yr old.

Glad your dad is back on his feet, I read but
never post.

Have fun with life, family and crew.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Tonja, I only have on thing to say if I ever hear from my son again "Either I"m in your life or out of it, make up your mind & stick with it." My dragons aren't really slowing down but, except for Gabriel, they're not moving around alot. Leo is because his new light is finally in, but I need to get him a 3 prong timer first, but I'm still putting it in tonight as being home I can turn it off when it needs to. I'll get the timer on Monday.

Gina, yes, I think both Gabriel and Puff were making like squirrels, but not to hoard their bugs, to hide them from me, messing with my head, both of them :lol:

Hi Blue, glad to hear from you. I agree, you're right, they both need to learn some manners. Life can be the pits sometimes. So your boy is brumating already? Mind don't usually start until Oct, we'll see how that goes. I got Puff in December, so not sure what she'll do this winter, last winter she spent Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr laying eggs. No sign of any more so far & she's gained all her weight back, so we'll see. I thought at one point that she was, but she's not doing any slow bobs at the boys. She's bobbing at them like a male (hands off, I think that means). Lonzo isn't allowed to brumate because of his medical issues. Gabriel has only slept for 1 day once in the 2 years I've had him. Didi and Leo popcorn brumate, down for a day or two, up for a few days, then down, then up, makes me dizzy :roll:

I have a few pics to post, will do that later, right now have to feed the roaches and clean the gecko tanks. then it's to bed, as far as I know I'm taking my youngest nephew Ryder out tomorrow afternoon, just waiting to hear from my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom