Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Loved the pics Deb, everyone seems like their settling in,............you and Roger do so many wonderful things for your beardies, I just love reading all about them, thanks for sharing.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Jen, the move wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just took awhile. The old apt is now clean & we are in our new place. I know what you mean about boxes. Roger wouldn't allow it, most of the boxes are unpacked, just a few more to go. It's finding storage in this place, not as many closets. Glad to hear the pink carpet is gone now in the dining room, hardwood floors are so much better. We have tile in the dining room, kitchen, hallway and bathroom, nice change. And if I get to hot (hot flashes) I just stand on the cool tiles and cool off!

Sara, thanks, moving is the pits. If you ever take Lilly to the races, we'd better see lots of pics!

Diane, the cat fooled me too, it's very realistic for a toy, purrs, meows and moves it's paws. The dragons like it, at least they stare at it when it moves, funny to watch.

Christine, thanks for the good wishes. I was very pleased to see our dragons get used to the new place so easily. Rocco, our golden gecko, had the worst relocation stress, but he's back in his usual spot, so he's feeling much better. The living room is set up the same way as the old living room, so I think that helped alot with having them feel better. And of course, the ramp, which has changed a bit, is their favourite place to run & bask. The boys take turns and are getting along better now. Rubio's back in his condo, so he's feeling much better. Still spends 1/2 his day trying to get out, but bit & tall as he is, he can't get up 2 feet to get out, thank goodness!

I'll have more pics, I'm back to work & with unpacking & sorting haven't had the camera out as much, so more pics by the weekend.

Deb

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey Deb! Glad to hear your move was a success. I bet you're glad it's over. I'm sure it is hard to downsize and find a spot for everything you have. Maybe it's time for a yardsale, huh?! That is what I am doing. I am having an ongoing yardsale every saturday until I get rid of everything. My FIL has a warehouse down the hwy from us, so we have been taking stuff over there and having the yardsales. It's rather nice being able to close the door afterwards and not have to worry about dragging everything back in or finding somewhere to get rid of it.

I love your beardies ramp :D Love all the stuffies... too cute! Your babies are not spoiled at all, are they? :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn, no our babies aren't too spoiled :roll: In fact Roger's made a new ramp & I've got some new pics, so here goes:

TherampthatRogerbuiltforthedragons.jpg

They all fly up & down it, jumping on & off it, as they each have their time out of their tanks. Leo and Rubio fly around the most.(that's Rubio in the backgrown, more later)

Finally got a pic of how light Leo gets after his bath. Took this pic after putting him in his tank to dry off, you'd hardly recognize him, he's so yellow:
sweetie20081102.jpg

For the tub, we always had a red boat that they all floated in, until they all got too heavy and sunk it. So Roger found a BIGGER white boat & this was Rubio's reaction. He's almost 800g, so if he's able to float in it the others will, too:
"Is this thing safe Dad?"
sweetie2008991.jpg

"Guess so":
sweetie2008993.jpg

sweetie2008994.jpg

"Wheee!"
sweetie2008995.jpg

One day last week, Leo was out & about in the living room. Roger went to check on Sweetie for something (she's in our bedroom now) and when he got back to the living room he couldn't find Leo, said he looked for an hour before he finally found him, so find the beardie:
sweetie20081061.jpg

sweetie20081060.jpg

sweetie20081063.jpg

Needless to say, the plane came out of the basket, the basket was removed from the living room & here's Leo, back on his plane:
sweetie20081065.jpg

Our "upright" beardie Rubio, having run up & down the ramp a few times, decided to see if he could jump over the stereo barrier:
sweetie20081069.jpg

close up, seriously you'd think he was glued on:
sweetie20081068-1.jpg

Rubio pancaking at the top of the ramp:
sweetie20081071-1.jpg

getting ready to run down the ramp again:
sweetie20081073-1.jpg

Leo at the top of the ramp:
sweetie20081086.jpg

Lonzo at the top of the ramp: they all get their turn
sweetie20081104.jpg

Uncovered Rubio's tank this am & this is what I found:
sweetie20081074.jpg

side view:
sweetie20081077.jpg

crick in the neck maybe?
sweetie20081079.jpg

Lonzo enjoying one of our first sunny days in awhile:
sweetie20081093.jpg

Leo enjoyed his share of the sun, too:
sweetie20081101.jpg

So did Rubio:
"Is it safe out here? NO birds?
sweetie20081095.jpg

Ok, then I'll relax"
sweetie20081098.jpg

This is the only pic I've had a chance to take of Sweetie:
in her tank watching a picture on the edge of my dresser:
Sweetielikesthispicattheedleofmydre.jpg

Enjoying her spa:
sweetie20081092.jpg

Sweetie gets her share outside, too, but this time she didn't stay in the sun for long. She seems to be really enjoying being in our bedroom, guess being able to watch TV has it's merits!

So they've all settled in well, for which i'm glad. They're all eating and the boys keep us in stitches. Sweetie just likes the fact that she gets more evening cuddles than the boys do!

Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Deb!

Loved all the pic's they all look like they are getting use to the new routine with less rooms. Looks like Sweetie is very content in the bedroom. :) They all look great!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Barbara, it took awhile but they seem content now. The boys just make us laugh, running up & down the ramp & just being silly. Did you check out Leo's hiding place? I was at work, when I got home I heard all about it. Crazy beardie!

Deb

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Good Morning Deb! Sorry it's taken so long to check back in here on your thread. The weekends are always pretty busy here when the hubby is home. I love the ramp that Roger built for your beardies, and it looks like they all love it too. The big boat that you found is great. I think I might have to go in search of one for Chaos in the pool. Do they all seem to like it, or do they just humor you and live with it? The pics of Leo hiding in the box are too funny. He was really down in there! I guess he just had to have that plane. Are you sure that Rubio doesn't have velcro on his belly? The way he stuck himself to that barrier makes me wonder. And all I have to say about his choice of sleeping positions is seriously?!? Sweetie seems so happy in her own little sanctuary away from all the boys and their antics. They all look great Deb. I'm happy that you are all settling in nicely. I enjoyed all the great pics, thanks for sharing!

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Awww Deb, they all look so great :love5:

I'm glad the move went well and everyone is settling in. That ramp is AWESOME!!!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Awww Deb,all your babies are so gorgeous and they have such personalities! :D
The "crick in the neck" and "where'ss the beardie" picture cracked me up :lol: Kinda like the old cartoon "Where's Waldo" :mrgreen:

Is Roger an ARCHITECT??? I love the ramps he builds! :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cool ramp! Can Roger build me one too? Funny how the stuffies are all sitting on the sides, almost like a protection of sorts. Does anyone use the waterfall??

Where did Roger find the new boat?!?! It's perfect, especially for Rubio. He even looked happy sitting in it :D

It's amazing how Leo managed to squeeze himself in there. He must've really wanted to hide that day. What a silly boy.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi Deb and Roger, Boy it looks like all are settling in, ...................between the boat, plane, ramp and all the positions that everyone is getting into, it was quite enjoyable to view, thanks for all the pics.
One question about the ramp, do the boys jump off the sides, or do they run down the ramp to get off?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Deb! I loved loved loved all the new pics!!! Rubio is so handsome, that crick in the neck pic was hysterical (and very unflattering to his chest area! HA) The boat is a great idea, I just throw a log in when mine get to use the bath tub, normally I use the double sink to cut bath time in half! I'm glad that everyone is settled in!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Jen: We think Rubio has velcro on his whole tummy, he's always upright against something, he's the only dragon we've ever had who does this. It's just so funny. He'll dash up & down the ramp & he does climb up the sides (so do Lonzo and Leo), then jumps off again (hence all the puppets, etc. They all love the ramp.

Brandy, thanks, they al settled in well and so have we!

Michele, Roger's more an interior designer. He's always moving things around, which suits me as i'm at work all week. Isn't that ramp great? He built it with concrete blocks to help Lonzo, who's nails are curved under (from prev owner walking him on concrete all the time).

Gina, if you lived close by, he'd make you a ramp, too, but Pookie has a ladder that he's very proficient on, right? That's sort of like a ramp! They all enjoy it. And Leo hiding, well he does that alot. Every time we find another place he can wedge into (like behind the couch yesterday) we try to block it up. He's the smallest of our dragons and a contortionist, we never know what he'll be up to. Keeps us on our toes!

Christine: Yes they do run up & down the ramp, they also take nosedives off the front of it, so now there are two cushions right in the front. Lonzo's the one who would take off the top to try to get through the patio window. Now that the cushions are taking that space, no more nose dives. Otherwise the jump on & off the sides and run up and down. It gives them great exercise and it's now very safe for them all.

Katrina, aren't they a good bunch? We just love to watch the boys run around, up and down the ramp, and just having a good time. What makes things interesting is that Leo's & Lonzo's tanks are in the living room, so whoever is out gets a bird's eye view and the bobbing and black bearding contests start. Rubio's funny, he'll bob but never gets a black beard. He does enjoy getting Leo and Lonzo going, though. They are a funny bunch.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, made our move go so much better.

I got a bit of a surprise yesterday, Sweetie pooped in the tank (she normally poops in the tub) and there was an egg beside the poop...guess we're going to get out the laybox, we just thought she was taking a break and gaining weight from the other 5 clutches she's lain since January :shock: Hopefully being in our bedroom will make her stop, once this bunch is laid. She needs a rest, she's never lain this much before. I'm giving her liquid calcium daily now to help build her up. Being in our bedroom at least isolates her from the boys more. I'll keep you appraised. What a girl!

Deb

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
piks r awesume. i do the same wit my lil girl Exotika. we havent had many sunny days in the past week but as soon as we get one shell b out dere posing for da poppa, popparazziiiiii.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Oh gosh,I'm sorry that Sweetie has eggs again.Like you said hopefully being in the bedroom away from the boys will help in the future. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom