Napping with your dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So my apartment has recently become decently cold, when I check mandalas temps they says they're around 70 but he feels freezing cold, and since Christmas I haven't had enough money yet to get a ceramic heat bulb, so I've been waking up early and bringing him into my bed to sleep with me. i shut the bedroom door so my cat doesn't get in so if I fall asleep and he wanders he's in no danger, but is that okay?? I don't move much in my sleep so I know I won't squish him. I just want to make sure there's no underlying issue with this

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
How big is the dragon?
I see a lot of potential for problems with it. Even though you may not move much during your sleep there is a chance for you to lay on top of the dragon. I don't move much in my sleep either....but my girlfriends have disagreed with that. But...hey, I'm asleep so I didn't know I flop around like a fish out of water.
Seriously though, there is a chance it could happen. I also would worry about a dragon defecating in my bed. I really don't think you want to wake up with a mess on your face.
Your house temps are not excessively cold, a night time temperature of 70°F is fine.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
As long as the nighttime temperatures in the room he stays in are around 70 (F), and don't fall below 65, you won't really even need a CHE. Hopefully, you have adequate heat and UVB for him in the daytime, but if not, that would be the most important thing on which to spend whatever money you have available, as soon as possible.

As for sleeping with him, as long as the room he's in is beardie-proof, as long as you're sure you won't roll over on him and squish him, and as long as you can keep him in the room and potential predators out (such as the cat), then the only problem I might be concerned about is the possibility of him falling off the bed if he wanders around, but as long as the light level in the room is low, either dark or fairly dim (such as nothing but a night light or a TV, for example), he will probably not move around much, or at least that's what my beardie would do. They seem to be hard core diurnal, and usually fall asleep fairly quickly once the lights go out, and stay asleep as long as the lights stay out. :sleepy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom