My Very First Leatherback: Meka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
I have always wanted a leatherback but could not allow myself to get a 3rd beardie in my small apartment. So....I moved! lol And I just got my precious baby Meka in this past Friday from Ogle R Pets. He is a Male Orange Hypo 66% pos het Trans Leatherback:

IMG_1232.jpg

He was about to attempt to fall asleep like this, of course, I was not having it lol:
IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

He isn't a fan of Mem, my LARGE male, but you can see why a tiny lil 6 inch critter would be afraid of Mem. Even though all he does is hang out in his window all day caring nothing about my homes new addition :D :

IMG_1199.jpg

My female on the other hand does not seem to bother him one bit, nor does he bother her. She is too busy looking for superworms to notice :D :

IMG_1146.jpg

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Welcome :) They all look so adorable :)
I have a leatherback too..much different feel to them,eh.? Haha.! :mrgreen:

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha..I think so! In comparison to my normal scale beardies. I can actually lay my face on his back and not come away with indentations! lol

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Newer pictures of my little Mehka! He's doing pretty well...still a bit skittish but we're working on that! :D

This is how he falls asleep everynight:
IMG_1249.jpg

And then ends up on my stomach:
IMG_1243.jpg

He's not a huge fan of bath time at all:
IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Doesn't he just look so proud sitting there!!?
IMG_1255.jpg

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I bought Mehka a new stuffy Saturday because he really didn't seem to be fond of his first one. Well, he seems to really like this one, I tried to take it out of his tank this AM so he wouldn't poo on it during the day and he had latched on! Sorry Mehka, but you'll get it back tonight sweet love!! :D

SaidIwasNOTtakingitaway.jpg

MehkaEnjoyinghisnewFluffy.jpg

The poor baby is going through a full body shed right now, he's practically white all over, and grumpy! When I got him, which was two weeks ago Friday, he was 6 inches and weighed 10 grams. Now he is a little over 7 inches and weighs 22 grams..he's growing so fast!!
MehkaBasking.jpg

I know he wishes I'd get my camera OUT of his face:
MehkaWishingIdgettheDamnCameraOutofhisFace.jpg

Friday I walked in the house I grabbed Mem up first and brought him to my room, sat him on the bed and turned around for just a minute to change out of my work clothes.....when I turned back around he had put himself to bed already! lol Sleepy dragon went to sleep without dinner! And yes, he sleeps in my bed everynight, he has his own little bed and stuffy right next to me! :D
MemsBed.jpg

Mey has had this stuffy since she was a wee lil baby, she still falls asleep on it every night:
MeysStuffy.jpg

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had been wanting a new lil one for SOOOOO long now, I finally broke down and got him, and I couldn't be happier!!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
awww.. Meka is so cute.. I really like the way he tried to fall asleep in the corner in the first set of pictures.. LOL.. silly dragons. Thanks so much for sharing all your babies with us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom