my two year old male bearded dragon is not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i've had this bearded dragon for about ten days not and he only eats about two and five super worms ever other day and he will not eat any vegetables at all. his tank size is 4x2x2 im also using a reptisun 10.0 tube t8 bulb and his temps are 100f in the basking spot and 80f to 85f on the cool side and humidity is 45 percent. i also use reptile rug. i gave him repta+boost and it seemed to help a little but he still doesn't eat anything else but a few super worms his weight is 135g. also i've been giving him baths for 20 minutes every other day. should i try to force feed him baby food? or give him more time but i dont know if i should because he is really thin i can see his hip bones but his tail is still fat.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
He could be still suffering from relocation stress. Instead of force feeding, you can try dripping it on his nose and see if he will lap it up. He should be eating alot more worms than that, but it's good that he is eating something at least. Just keep offering. Hopefully he is just being nitpicky.

And some dragons refuse to eat greens at all until they grow up. :roll:

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
135g is really low for a two year old male o_O Has he had a vet visit? You should probably get a fecal done to check for parasites and get the gums checked out. There's a couple of things out there that affect their teeth and gums, so if they hurt, he won't want to eat. I had to get an appetite stimulant to get her going after we found the gum issue.

I have to scrub mine with an antiseptic for her gums. She is also a notoriously picky eater and nitpicked her supers like yours does. I bought hornworms and got her weight halfway back up in a little over a week.

Lots of luck

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
iluvmybeardies":31d4llii said:
Does anyone know of a good herp veterinarian in N.C ?

There is an exotics vet in North Raleigh that we used for Coconut. We dont know the name, but it has exotics in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom