My turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Well everyone. After 4 weeks and lots of digging, my girl Bella is exhausted. She laid her first clutch like a champ. 30 beautiful eggs. In the incubator they went. Everything was setup. She went into the bath to get the dirt off of her. Then ate like a champ. 4 huge hornworms, 12 supers, and 4 roaches. Holy cow!!!!

Then, last friday she gave us clutch number two. 27 eggs. It took 4 hours for her to lay these. I wathced her the whole time. Inbetween each egg she was taking a beardie nap. She looked exhausted! When she was done straight to the bath. She actually put her head in the water and started drinking. She was so dehydrated. She dog several holes. It was so funny. Then she ate and went to sleep. She is still putting on the weight again. I hope that she is done for her sake. But, just in case we will be monitoring her closely and giving her as much protein/calcium as we can.

Mom=19" 600 grams
P1010309.JPG

Dad-24" 750 grams
P1020586.JPG

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Congrats :) I love the mom and dad they are just beautiful and what gorgeous babies they will make. Can't wait to see pics of the babies when they arrive. What an appetite they have after laying....our girls eats like that too. Guess they are happy to have room again, making up for lost time and building themselves back up :)

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
That pairing should throw some beautiful babies Ernie! :wink:

This pairing reminds me of my Red x Fozzie Jr pairing that should be hatching within the next 3-4 weeks... If you don't know what I'm talking about check them out at my "Available Page" as I expect some absolutely amazing color combination from them... (Red Cawely/Red Psycho/Orange G.G./Blood Sandfire X Orange G.G.)

Anthony

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Anthony,

They are really close!! I didn't even know it. We are going to be hatching at the same time too!!! My line will color up after the 2 week mark very quickly. It is going to be very interesting to see. Still trying to make room for the extra babies. I expected 44 at most. lol

It is going to be interesting to compare the offspring.

Ernie

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
midnight_962002":bc21f said:
Anthony,

They are really close!! I didn't even know it. We are going to be hatching at the same time too!!! My line will color up after the 2 week mark very quickly. It is going to be very interesting to see. Still trying to make room for the extra babies. I expected 44 at most. lol

It is going to be interesting to compare the offspring.

Ernie

Cool, should be interesting to compare lines... But I hear you on the space issue as I expect almost 90 babies in the next 4 weeks; 40 in two weeks and another 40-45 two-three weeks after the first two clutches!

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom