My sweet baby Saphira (new pictures sept 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum and today I decided to introduce my new baby Saphira. I got her when she was six weeks old from Rainbow Bearded Dragons, and I've had her for six weeks and four days :). Saphira is very sweet and loving, and we spend a couple of hours every day together. I should add that the bonding techniques mentioned here helped a lot so thank you for all the great advice.

She is a very good eater, she munches on her salad (mustard, collard and butternut squash) all day long, and she also eats around 60 (1/2 and 5/8 in) Dubia every day. If there is a thing that she does not like, that is bath time. She would rather climb on my hand and sit there without having the water touching her.

Here are some pictures with my cute little (for now) baby. I hope you enjoy them :)

Saphira's first day home. My sweet number 8 :)
IMG_2185copy.jpg

First day, trying to hide.
IMG_2193copy.jpg

I see you!
IMG_2216copy.jpg

IMG_2244copy.jpg

IMG_2272copy.jpg

Bath time.
IMG_2342copy.jpg

Before her second shed.
IMG_2289copy.jpg

This is how she got her nickname the "Little Klingonian". She clings and she does not want to let go when I try to put her back :)
IMG_2327copy.jpg

Shedding techniques :)
IMG_2361copy.jpg

IMG_2475copy.jpg

IMG_2504copy.jpg

Showing off after shedding
IMG_2530copy.jpg

Pictures taken yesterday, she's getting ready for her third shed since I got her (tail and legs). She is 12 1/2 inches and weighs 105 grams. She gained 28 grams in one week. You go Saphira! :blob5:
IMG_2576copy.jpg

IMG_2562copy.jpg

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
So cute! The look our dragons give us sometimes :roll: I bathed Nim today and all he wanted to do was cling onto my finger like the water was six feet deep! :lol: Then he gave me such a look! I just love bearded dragons :D Love the name Saphira by the way, and such a beautiful dragon she looks like My Nim.

Crisandre

Original Poster
lillylizard - I measured her today and she is 12.8 inches. I agree, they grow way too fast. :) A scale is a great idea; I think it's a good habit to keep an eye on their weight. I weigh Saphira every week and it's amazing to see the changes.

JangoMom , ynevar, Mummapinkham - Thank you for your kind words. :)

Dooter - She is really sweet and calm. I love when she stays with me and we read the forum. :) I must admit that I kept an eye on Stella for a while. Stella is the "poster dragon" for Saphira. :))) :blob8:

Momswims1 - They are adorable. I looove their big bellies. Rosie looks so delicate when she poses for the camera. Frankie looks like he's getting ready to do the splits. :lol: You have gorgeous babies. Are they leatherback?

TheWerewolf - Ha, ha it looks like Nim and Saphira have one more thing in common beside their looks, and the way they give us looks.:lol: She doesn't like her baths either. My hands look like I have a cat because of all the scratches that she gives me when she tries to climb on my hand to get out of the water.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Yes, Rosie and Frankie are both leatherbacks. We have commented so many times on Rosie and the way she moves being so delicate and girlish. Even the way she moves her feet. She will pick one up, hold it a second while we adore her striped toes, and then she will put it down very daintily. It is so funny. Frankie is just the opposite. He jumps and runs from place to place like a kid. Love their different personalities. They are my first dragons and for 5 months they have just kept suprising me. Never thought I could love a dragon they way I love these.

Crisandre

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
I have new pictures of my "little big baby." Saphira is growing like a weed, and I love every minute spent with her. She's now four months and 1 week old.

August 2 - Testing a new cave.
4e184ffa.jpg

August 6 - Guarding her salad.
3dc03f22.jpg

August 9 - Snuggle time :)
5f0b8c26.jpg

8611cc1f.jpg

dfe5a0d0.jpg

August 15 - Walking around and exploring.
40a1cc5d67457c7ce99d3d709f83dd3a.jpg

bbb7faf9577f48fa42074cc9653c079b.jpg

a67d862a161ac5077ad2d9146fe2fa69.jpg

August 21 -This is one of her outside hiding spots.
8cfb8e9f3128977c94cd4ad65b98bec8.jpg

August 21 - More exploring.
b5529983ef0f7319d85ef7f7d083e602.jpg

Her version of taking a bath.
411eba0f67fbd8b68e5cafdb0a9f7d43.jpg

August 23, pictures taken yesterday - Saphira giving me one of her many cute attacks. :D
42096789244d6330d2828ca2cbd834bd.jpg

3b4ea1f7cbc09eca3b90792cfea16205.jpg

872bfdb256ba88d724d79bbdd6520f78.jpg

0f04d7bd9b057faae3d30893a2c137d9.jpg

3f3c9146d8e6a15688b6452a7a80f282.jpg

Crisandre

Original Poster
TheWerewolf":1ayf7w0f said:
Wow she has grown. But I can see she still hates baths. Nim has almost gotten over his fear. :D

Haha you're right she still doesn't like her baths. 10 minutes in water and she's done. At least since I filed her little nails she doesn't scratch me anymore.
I am happy to hear that Nim is doing well during his baths. That gives me hopes for Saphira. :)

Crisandre

Original Poster
lillylizard":13iobeh5 said:
My little one loves his baths a long as he's in the tub. No little container. He loves running warm water

I never tried giving her a bath in the tub, and to be honest the tub is off limits for her. :) We keep the bath tub and the sleeping pillows for ourselves, the rest we share with Saphira. :lol: For her baths I tried a small plastic container and the bathroom sink, and she hates them both equally.:lol:

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Tub doesn't matter. Clean it with bleach or scrubbing bubbles all clean again. Its an old tub anyways, and no one in my famoly cares thank god. Though my mom and dad do find it weird he sleeps in a little bed on the night stand beside my bed.

Crisandre

Original Poster
I have new pictures of my bundle of joy, Saphira. She's a gentle, mellow, loving little baby. Well, not really little anymore. She's 20 weeks old, and yesterday when I measured her she was 16.5 inches long and 329 grams.
I am happy to report that Saphira is a "snuggler". I try to let her out as much as I can so she can play and explore. My husband is convinced that Saphira likes better the "bigger tank" which is our house. :))) Usually when she's done she will find a place to hide, or she will just stop wherever she is, and she will get almost black. That's when I know that I need to pick her up and put her in her blanket. She will either doze off while nuzzling my neck or she will just sit and watch whatever I am doing. I've never seen a more patient baby lizard. There are days when I come home tired, I take Saphira out, I put her on her little bed, and I take a nap with her by my side. She never moves. She either goes to sleep or just watches me.
I have no words to describe how happy I am with Saphira. She is such a sweet baby to take care of and to interact with her.

August 24 -I know I am not allowed to be here. Hence the guilty face...
IMG_1639copy.jpg

August 28 - Five more minutes mommy!
IMG_1653copy.jpg

September 1 - Mommy loves me!
IMG_1668copy.jpg

September 4 - Saphira discovering new uses for her basking cave.
IMG_1678copy.jpg

September 6 - Saphira's unsuccessful attempt to hide under an old t shirt.
IMG_1688copy.jpg

Her head is getting bigger and bigger.
IMG_1700copy.jpg

September 8 - The real sun is the best!
09216d2aa21f8fa79f5497036ceee9f9.jpg

September 9 - This is the second time we are using the hiding cave. And the last time so far...:))))
IMG_3313copy.jpg

September 11- My little snuggler.
IMG_1768b.jpg

September 12 - That's her little bed, and her favorite blanket. That's how Saphira looks when I wake her up at 5 am. Let me tell you, she looks better that I do at that hour.:)))
8e87c9c63b7fdd36f779e1bb3986194f.jpg

September 14 - We think we are Spiderman.
15cde115abfc0f62ffd1478f721636e4.jpg

These pictures were taken today. Her legs finished to shed. Half of her head and the tail are the next ones to shed. Her body also started to change its color, sign that she will get milky white everywhere pretty soon. Yay, daily soaks for Saphira, her least favorite activity. :)))

Once again, I present you my sweet little baby.
f3ce8685c3f8466cd6893cca7f9d3943.jpg

06744387bd3e514eedcd1297a6c56099.jpg

bb8770e39c7486d3b6687a011441e667.jpg

I think I can see a beginning of beardie boobies.:)))
3cb75231843a07304fa6c31edcb4f4fa.jpg

Thank you for looking:)

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Its crazy to think that my Elyott is 12 weeks old and a bit over 9inches and saphira is 30 weeks and 16! I can't wait for Elyott to be that big! For few reason. One i won't be as worried about having jack handle him (almost 9 year old brother) two no more crickets, three i won't be ad
Worried. It will be easier to let him explore. You gorl is so pretty and seems to have quite the personality.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Love the pictures!! She is quite the beauty!! Keep them coming!!! Harry also likes his "big" cage, my house, more than his enclosure. These creatures have such a personality!!! Harry keeps me entertained and he has a way to make a bad day turn around just by the way he looks at me. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Such adorable pics of Saphira. Quite the beauty. My Nim is now 3 months and a few weeks old and 13 inches. Last I measured, LOL, he is growing fast! :D But has learned to enjoy baths. Does Saphira still hate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom