My sweet baby Saphira (new pictures sept 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum and today I decided to introduce my new baby Saphira. I got her when she was six weeks old from Rainbow Bearded Dragons, and I've had her for six weeks and four days :). Saphira is very sweet and loving, and we spend a couple of hours every day together. I should add that the bonding techniques mentioned here helped a lot so thank you for all the great advice.

She is a very good eater, she munches on her salad (mustard, collard and butternut squash) all day long, and she also eats around 60 (1/2 and 5/8 in) Dubia every day. If there is a thing that she does not like, that is bath time. She would rather climb on my hand and sit there without having the water touching her.

Here are some pictures with my cute little (for now) baby. I hope you enjoy them :)

Saphira's first day home. My sweet number 8 :)
IMG_2185copy.jpg

First day, trying to hide.
IMG_2193copy.jpg

I see you!
IMG_2216copy.jpg

IMG_2244copy.jpg

IMG_2272copy.jpg

Bath time.
IMG_2342copy.jpg

Before her second shed.
IMG_2289copy.jpg

This is how she got her nickname the "Little Klingonian". She clings and she does not want to let go when I try to put her back :)
IMG_2327copy.jpg

Shedding techniques :)
IMG_2361copy.jpg

IMG_2475copy.jpg

IMG_2504copy.jpg

Showing off after shedding
IMG_2530copy.jpg

Pictures taken yesterday, she's getting ready for her third shed since I got her (tail and legs). She is 12 1/2 inches and weighs 105 grams. She gained 28 grams in one week. You go Saphira! :blob5:
IMG_2576copy.jpg

IMG_2562copy.jpg

Crisandre

Original Poster
Thank you. :) Yes the name comes from Eragon's story. My husband and I read Eragon and Brisingr, and we decided that Saphira was the best name for our little dragon.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
She does seem like a sweet, spirited little girl, just like her namesake. Lets hope she doesn't grow quite so big though. ;) I named my little one after a dragon as well. The next one I get, when I gradute from college, I will have to browse through the Eragon books for names. Seems like a good source.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Looks like she could be my Frankie's long lost twin! I cannot believe how much they look alike, pattern and everything. She is SO BEAUTIFUL.

Crisandre

Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991- He he, I hope Saphira will be one big girl one day. For some reason I really like beefy beardies. :lol: Her mom weighs 725 grams and her dad's nickname is "The Bone Crusher", a big boy who weighs 825 grams. How to train your dragon is one of my favourite cartoons because of Toothless. :) If your cutie has the same personality as the one from the movie, then you have your hands full. :D

Momswims1- One never knows, they could be related somehow. Maybe they have a common grandmother or grandfather. They could be cousins. :lol: Where did you get yours?

Momswims1

Juvie Member
We got our from a private breeder in Sephner, Florida. We love our big Frankie so much. I can't wait to see how big he is going to get if he is this big as he turns 5 months.
So Cool! Where did you get your big baby?

Crisandre

Original Poster
Momswims1 - I got Saphira from a private breeder as well, Rainbow Bearded Dragons, located in Oregon. Tamara shipped my baby overnight. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the FedEx guy juggling the box before he delivered it. :))) Is that Frankie in your avatar? He looks like a very curious little fellow. :)

Kaleen - Thank you. :) More pictures are coming.

She always looked so serious as a small baby.
10copy.jpg

She's not too happy with her leash. If looks could kill... :lol:
3copy.jpg

Pictures taken today.

Eating salad.
IMG_2579copy.jpg

Are you taking pictures? I'm not eating anymore. :D
IMG_2585copy.jpg

Saphira keeping a watchful eye on her Dubia.
IMG_2595copy.jpg

We are shedding again.
IMG_2588copy.jpg

Look at me, I am cute. :)
IMG_2679copy.jpg

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
So pretty. How long is she?? My little ones only 4 weeks old. Its amazing how fast they grow. I might buy a scale just to weigh her every week

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
OMG! She is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! :love10:

Those are all really great pics!

So much sweetness and personality packed into one dragon!

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom