My precious baby is losing his life.- Advice and prayers PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah26

Hi...

* this is posted under ER so that anyone with advice can help. ANY advice can save him.

I've been away from the forum, but always come back... This time I have horrible news.

My precious Senyales hasn't been eating for a long time. He would eat one day and stop for the next 3 months or so. I continued to force feed him though. I took him to the vet numerous times because of his anorexic lifestyle but whatever the vet seemed to do only lasted a short while or not work on improving his appetite.

A few months later, I decided to take him to the vet again, this time suspecting an RI of some sort, as I could hear him puff air out from time to time. I took him last week and asked the vet to test him for me. Blood, fecal, an X ray and a lung cavity (to see if he has an RI)
The doc came back telling me he has parasites, and toxins in his blood... But no RI. He gave me Baytril and Baycox for him...

A few hours after I gave Senyales his Baytril he quickly turned pitch black, his beard and body, mostly his beard. I tried calming him down, and used all my usual tricks to make his black bear turn orange, but nothing worked. Even let him sleep in his cozy blanket, my bed, but still a few hours later I checked on him and the black beard was still there.

The next morning he vomited. I called the vet asked him WTF is going on with my baby, and he ofc defended himself saying Baytril couldn't have done such a thing. (I wasn't attacking the vet on the phone, but killed in in my mind a few times)

The next day Senyales puked again. ( 4 times in total). I took him to the vet again 2 days ago, and he has been at the hospital under intensive care for 2 days.

The vet then took another blood test, and discovered his euric acid is 8000+ and that he has kidney failure! The once trusted Doc should not have given Senyales any antibiotics, ESP NOT BAYTRIL! That is what pushed him over the edge, he is in a lot of pain, and even bit my mother from the agony he is in!

He is now being treated with a intra-osseous catheter! I feel such a strong pain in my chest, he is only 2.5 years old... I'm NOT ready to say goodbye yet!

Please pray for him. He is my first reptile, and I love him to death.

:'( </3

vampy

Juvie Member
I'm afraid I have no advice to give, but I am sending happy thoughts, I hope your little guy feels better soon.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry to hear about your baby! You could send Drache613 a pm and ask her to take a look at the blood test results...she might be able to help.
Hugs,
Kelly

Sarah26

Original Poster
Sorry I took so long to reply... But I was too distraught, and still am.
I'm very thankful to your post, and will add Nancy to further investigate how to prevent such a devastating catastrophe from every striking my bearded dragon clan again. And to possibly help with anything serious with my other dragons. I hope not though!

Senyales passed away on Oct 5. I don’t remember the last time I cried the way I did. When he died I can honestly say a part of me died as well. He will always be my number 1, my baby. Burying him was so so very difficult. And after his burial I was left with a big empty hole in my heart leaving me lost.

I used to give him 3 to 5 small sprays of multivitamin 5 times a week when he was younger, then decreased the amount as he got older.
What is the recommended dosages according to age? (I have 4 dragons 2 of them are 6-7 months) and the other 2 are 7 weeks old)

I gave Senyales milk thistle for months because the vet once told me he might have liver disease, and here’s the punchline- when I asked for a biopsy he said no need, and did another test instead then assured me Senyales is safe. THE S.O.B could have saved my boy had he done the biopsy then. I know it’s God’s will to take Senyales... And hating the vet with every molecule in my body won’t bring him back to me.

I had a full necropsy done on him and found out his main cause of death was liver disease which spread to his kidney causing it to fail. The Baytril just made the process a lot faster.

... He wasn't just a bearded dragon is my eyes, he was my SON.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means a lot to me!

RIP my Precious Senyales </3

229460_10151223561600673_1529410037_n.jpg

FishboneNC

Hatchling Member
Loosing a beloved pet is devastating....my dog "my kid with a fur coat" is struggling through it right now!
You're not alone in feeling like this.

My friend, a big burly manly kinda man...wept like a baby at the loss of his dog. He said he didn't cry that much when his father died!

I'm wiping tears as I write this, I know your pain.

Good thoughts and prayers going out to you!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Sarah,
I am so very sorry about your beloved Senyales...I can only imagine the pain of loosing your dragon, believe me you have my deepest sympathy. I will try to find out about the vitamin spray dosage for you. Honestly, I am not sure about it,,,I have only heard of calcium powder 1 feeding a day 5 days a week and vitamin powder 1 feeding a day 2 days a week,,,that, as far as I know is the recommended regimine. I have never heard of milk thistle,,,I will go find out and get back to you..
Please,,for yourself,,,try to forgive the vet...holding on to all the anger is only going to hurt you and that is alot of energy that you could be focusing on your other babies...I know that advice is alot easier given than put into practice.
I promise to get some information and get back to you.
Please give yourself a big hug and know that all of us are here for you.
Kelly

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry he's gone. I know how you feel our beardies were/are our daughters. We've had a total of 7 beardies, including our newest one, Lil Squirt who seems to be becoming an escape artist. We just lost Goldie to what we believe was kidney failure. We took her to a vet about 13 months before she died and he couldn't see, at that time, why her appetite diminished. It hurt when she died. it hurt when our first two, best friends Miss O and Miss Y, then Redrock, (Sandstone diappeared after we'd had him/her for 4 months) then Goldie. It hurts a lot each time you loose them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sarah,

Senyales was such a lucky little boy to have you as a mom. He was very sweet & a beautiful dragon, as well. I know you did everything in your power to save him & he knows that you did also. Remember, he will always be with you. :cry: I am so sorry you lost him.

Tracie

Burra

Hatchling Member
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I lost my precious Rex 2 1/2 years ago after having him 10 years. My husband even cried. I couldn't bare to get another beardie until this year. My heart goes out to you!

As for the spray, my TRUSTED reptile vet says the spray vitamins are not complete, that they are all water soluable vitamins only and don't have all of the vitamins needed. They also don't contain minerals. I use a powder once a week for my adult and my juvenile. The juvenile gets calcium powder the remaining days, and the adult 3 times a week.

I hope this helps!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Sarah,
Hope you are doing ok..you have been in my thoughts and prayers. As the previous poster said, you should be using the powder vitamins. For babies and juveniles up to a year old you should dust 1 feeding a day 5 days a week with calcium and 1 feeding a day,,2 days a week with vitamins. After they are a year old, its 1 feeding a day 3 days a week with calcium and 1 feeding a day,,1 day a week with vitamins. I am still trying to find information on the milk thistle. I will get back with you.
Take care,
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom