My new Uro's: Peter and Lois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vianeth

I want to share pictures my two new Uro babies I purchased from Douglas Dix at a reptile expo last saturday.

They've been hiding in the cave quite a bit and I haven't seen them eat a whole lot. I think that might have to do with stress of their new environment. I want to leave them alone as much as possible and not lift the cave or handle them. I removed the bird seed substrate I had in the tank, because I was worried they were munching on that too much and not the spring mix. I didn't want them to become impacted.
For now I am using half and half butcher paper and tile. I am still working on their temps. I understand their basking needs to be 120-135, hot side 100 and cool side 80. I have been trying out different basking platforms and at the moment I am using two large rocks I found in my yard.

They seem pretty lethargic since I brought them home. Hopefully they improve!

Uros-005.jpg

Uros-002.jpg

Uros-008.jpg

Uros-001.jpg

Uros-007.jpg

Draxx

Congratz on two good looking guys. Having just gotten mine today, I can appreciate leaving them alone but being tempted to interact with em :) What species of Uro are Lois and Peter? I was relieved when I saw my little guy (see "Gunther" thread) eat an hour after I received him. I took it as a good sign.

You could try tile for the flooring where the butcher paper is, or perhaps a small section of seed but mostly tiles. Generally Home Depot, Lowes etc carry slate tiles and will cut it for you to fit in place. It certainly has the advantage of easy clean up and retains some heat as well.

Vianeth

Original Poster
one is a mali, the other i can't remember. it was a bit more expensive though.

I need to correct their genders. "Peter" is labeled a female (on her belly with a pen, forgot that was there!). Pretty sure Lois is a male.
So, lois is the bigger darker one, Peter (if he is indeed male!) is the smaller, lighter one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom