My new rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
These came in today. The first is a baby that is at least several months old and is no bigger than a hatchling. He also has signs of the beginning of MBD, but it isn't too bad.
Babybeardiedayone.jpg

The other is a totally awsome fire skink. What else can I say. Just look.
Skinkinhand.jpg

skinkprofile.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aaawww! Poor little beardie. :( Well he'll get good care now. :D
Whoa! Donna that Fire Skink is absolutely gorgeous. :love10:

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, the jutting jaw is a lot more noticeable when he licks. Its hard to catch it with the camera, but he is eating like a champ! He has eaten two rounds of crix, a pinch or two of pheonix worms and SALAD! :blob5: :blob8: He is gonna be a very healthy little guy in no time! :wink:

Yeah, the skink is incredible. I might have to keep that one. :lol:

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Wow!! Great that the lil guy is eating salad!!! Thats a major plus!! OMG! the skink is amazing!!!!!

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That little beardie is gonna be a riot! Since its winter, I have all of my reptiles in the main part of the house, so I had to set him up where he can see William and Fyona, and he was arm waving at Fyona this morning! I told him he is wasting his energy because she can't see! He probably thought that she was frigid. :lol:

The skink is super sweet! I'm not handling him much until he adjusts, but I had him out last night, and he sprawled out along my arm and snuggled into my shirt. Very sweet lizard! :mrgreen:

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
That little guy is so cute :love5: And the skink is awesome. They will soon find out how lucky they are to have found you.

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
OMG!! That skink is Gorr-Gee-Uss! It looks more like a piece of jewelry than a reptile. It reminds me of a old Art-Deco brooch I saw years ago. I had the same reaction of... gimme,gimme,gimme!

As for that pugnacious little beardie, keep him away from my Izzie's Queen of Texas!

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
As for that pugnacious little beardie, keep him away from my Izzie's Queen of Texas!
:lol:

The poor little thing is only 4 inches long total! And, he is sexable, so he has to be at least 5-6 months old. But yeah, he looks dejected as hell! He thinks she is the ice queen mocking his existence. He slept slumped against that end of his tank last night. I swear he was pining! :lol:

K, Frances. We need a name. :wink:

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hey Frances,
Come down here to Texas, and we'll tape the baby to a leg or something so you can smuggle him back to Canada! It'll rile Izzy enough to keep his blood boiling and he will live longer! :lol:

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
I've been studying that picture and I'm sad to say the only name that comes to mind is... Jay Leno! My God! That chin is just too much! And next time you want me to smuggle a "little something" back over the border, send me a PM! Izzie read your message and had a snit.

He seems to have left brumation behind for now and is back checking out the ladies on here! Of course he's done so just after I had to toss all of his worms and only have a couple pieces of squash left! That predicted snowstorm had better wait until I get to the stores and stock up on beardie munchables.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
slavetoIzzie":9d8d7 said:
I've been studying that picture and I'm sad to say the only name that comes to mind is... Jay Leno! My God! That chin is just too much!

:lol: LMAO That's the name that came to mind when I saw the beardie too!

Very cute!

I think I'm going to come down there and kind of borrow the fire skink! Just don't expect him back. :lol: Very gorgeous!

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Leno??? :lol:

I can see that, but lets not stick him with a name for a feature that I hope he will outgrow! :lol:

He still arm waves his little heart out a Fy, poor thing! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom