My New Girl Ilithyia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
I picked up this little gal Sunday at the Mississauga reptile expo. She's about 5.5" at 4 months and looks healthy.
When I brought her home and put her in her new home she basked near the top of the log.
I have a new litterbox that was never used so I washed it up and put her in it to feed. She ate about 12 crickets I let loose a couple at a time. At supper she ate 6 more. Then she went up onto the leaves and basked till I shut the lights off. She slept there all night and had to help onto my hand this morning. She wouldn't eat anymore crickets outside the cage. So she sat on a rock and took 6 by tweezers, then headed back up onto the fake jungle plant about 3" from the basking light.

Ilithyia

Her favorite spot
DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

DSCF2588.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

I've tried feeding her veggies with the tweezers but she shows no interest. I've put a few drops of water on her mouth area and she licks abit of it up.
Still getting use to her new home. She doesn't run from me but you can tell she's alittle nervous.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I went to pickup my 2 girls from school and when I came back it looked like she ate alittle bit of veggies and she had a big poop. :lol:
Still not eating like I'd like her to. Seems to be getting more skidish.

Sadona

Juvie Member
She is very pretty!
New arrivals are a bit nervous, so don't be surprised if she isn't eating much this week. As long as she eats something and poops normally, you have nothing to worry about. Its great that she ate some veggies - heres a trick: put tiny pieces of carrots, mangos, or red peppers in the salad once in a while and she will be drawn to them by the bright color. Cinder ate all the bright stuff I ever gave him, and he is slowly eating more of his salad.
Her skittishness will probably be gone in a few weeks...it has taken a month for Cinder to build a good amount of trust in me. He is just starting to open up. When it comes down to it, it really depends on the dragons personality. Some acclimate faster, others take a while. :)

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today she ate 1 cricket at breakfast and some of her salad with some red pepper, carrot. She won't eat the salad if I'm in the room. Drank up the water I put on her nose.
At lunch she had 6 crickets but again only by tweezers. No poop today.
She's moving around and laying in different areas. I picked her up a couple of times and she just stares at me. A little skiddish. At least she doesn't run away from me.
I put a shirt I wore in there for tonight.

DSCF2594.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2592.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom