My New Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

culbert9

Hey guys,
My beardie just recently had a rectal prolapse. I took him to the vet and he had surgery and i spent much money i didnt have and unfortunately, he did not make it. The vet was a small building and i was in there every other day for about a month, so i knew every doctor, assistant almost everybody who worked there and they all knew and loved ajax (my beardie). Ajax died at the vet and when they called me and told me he died it was terrible and the faces on everybody when i came in to get him was a terrible feeling.

About a month later i got a call from my doctor who performed the surgery and they offered to buy me a knew one from a local breeder. I accepted and now I have Lola. She is great, very active, not scared at all to be handled, eats healthy, and is the smalled bearded dragon i have ever seen. I have her in a smaller cage right now and i have a little towel in there. At night about 75% of the time she climbs under the towel and sleeps. I was thinking that this might be because i have the cage a little to hot at night, is this true? should i find a way to reduce the temperature at night or is this normal.

Also, I was going to buy the doctor and her assistant a gift for there very generous favor. What would be a good gift for exotic veterinarians like them, They are both female and i know one of them actually has a bearded dragon too.

culbert9

Original Poster
Another thing thats kinda funny is that her name is Lola, and anybody who listens to the kinks know of the song lola which is about a guy who dates a girl, who turned out to be a guy.

Well as you all know its not easy to sex baby bearded dragons so there is a chance that lola is actually a male, which would be ironic with the song.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:blob8: :blob8: Congratulations! :blob8: :blob8:
We will expect pic's of Lola of course. :lol:
That was really nice of the vet to give you a new beardie.

Sorry to hear about what happened to Ajax. :cry: R.I.P. Ajax May The Dragon God Be With You!

As for the question about the night temps.....and her crawling under the cloth at night.
First of all what are your temps at night?
As long as they are somewhere between 65* and 75*ish, this is the range that I keep all of mine at,
then they should be fine.
As for the crawling under the cloth all of my beardies sleep under their blankies at night.
Babies will sometimes make their way under the paper towel substrate to sleep too.

Culbert9 I see the ironic humor in the name Lola :laughing6: ........Yikes just gave away
my age. :laughing6:

You could send the office a box of chocolates.......Most women love chocolate.
Or even just a card that would let them know you appreciate their kind gift. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom