My new beardie seems to not like salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassy64

I got a 2 yr old beardie Sunday 8/2. The previous owners said he eats his salads and superworms. Well I offer him salad daily even with fruit on it. The only way I can get him to eat any is to handfeed him a berry or a grape. Otherwise he does not touch it. I had been hand feeding him a worm. Yesterday he ate 3 out of the bowl by himself! What can I do? We offer him dubias and crickets too!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Sometimes they can have relocation stress and will not eat for awhile in their new home. Since he's an adult he can go a week or so without eating and it won't hurt him too much. Keep offering the salads and bugs regularly and hopefully his appetite will pick up. Can you go over your setup just to rule that out? Temperature are important to their systems and help keep them healthy. What are your temperatures for basking, warm and cool sides? It's best to take them with a temp gun or a digital thermometer with a probe. What bulbs are you using? Wattage, brand and distance from basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom