My new Babies-Updated pics added

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Hi, my name is Amy and I am new to this whole bearded dragon world. I got two new babies about 3 weeks ago. The females name is Tazz because she is so spunky. The male is Zeppelin because he is so laid
back. :p Tazz is a citrus yellow hypo. Zeppelin is a yellow trans leatherback. They have both brought me more joy than I could have imagined. :lol:
The first 2 pics are Zeppelin, the next two are Tazz.

zeppelin2.jpg

zeppelin1.jpg

tazz2.jpg

tazz1.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
The easiest way to do it is to start an account on photobucket, once your photos are uploaded on photobucket each picture will have an IMG code that you copy and paste in to your post on beardeddragon.org. If you go in to the photo expressions discussion there is a topic on how to post pics. I hope this helps you out, I really want to see those babies. I bet they are adorable!

-Kaleen

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the members here at B.D.org! I am so glad that I found you!
Before I got my 2 new babies I had thought I had done my research. Boy was I wrong! There is so
much false info out there on the internet. I wish I had found this site BEFORE getting them, if I had then I would never have housed them together or bought those horrible coil uvb's.But, all is well now and both Tazz and Zeppelin are growing like weeds. Tazz definitely a little more than Zepp.
I didn't really know what hypo, het, or trans was before. But now I do thanks to you guys.
I went back and looked at what the breeder (Rio Reptiles) said what their morph was.
Tazz is a hypo het trans- and now that I know what that means it's pretty awesome!
Zeppelin is a hypo trans leatherback- he's my little shy guy.
Anyways, I promised more pics a couple weeks ago so here they are.
Sorry it took so long :oops:
This is Zeppelin my little trans. Black eyes and all clear nails, he's a beauty!
Aquarium139.jpg

Aquarium141.jpg

CopyofAquarium138.jpg

Here is Tazz- isn't she a cutie pie!
Aquarium145.jpg

Aquarium137.jpg

If you look close you'll see a little bit of blue coming in on her back.
Aquarium146.jpg

And here they are 1 month ago, the day I got them. My, how they've grown!
tazznzeppelin.jpg

Thanks for looking, Amy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Wow they are really growing like weeds, you weren't kidding!! I can't believe how big they got. They look awesome, it's nice when they grow it means you're doing something right! Keep those pictures coming.

-Kaleen

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kaleen! It's a bit of a struggle sometimes to get Zeppelin to eat, but with a little extra effort on
my part he usually does. Amy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
tazznzeppelin":twbc5gvv said:
Thanks Kaleen! It's a bit of a struggle sometimes to get Zeppelin to eat, but with a little extra effort on
my part he usually does. Amy
I had a bit of trouble with my female Sunny when I first got her, sometimes getting her to eat was like pulling teeth. Eventually I found what she likes and now she eats like a champ. Whatever I put in the cage is gone within seconds. I think most of it was her settling in too. It can take a while for them to really except their cage as their own. Don't give up, you'll get there!

-Kaleen

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the encouragement. It seems he takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back ALOT.
I'm trying to be patient with him..... but I'm not a very patient person. I ran out of dubia,
and those are his favorite. So he's on crickets until I can get more dubia. He will eat 2 or 3
then he just lets the rest walk all over him. Meanwhile I'm standing there watching and begging him
" come on buddy just eat them please, please, please eat them" ...pretty pathetic I know.
I haven't really tried anything else. What do you feed your beardies?
Amy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like he's a picky little guy. Well my beardies eat a salad in the morning which consists of escarole, bok choy, dandelion greens, and whatever fruit or veggie I decide to throw in there. Then twice a day they get crickets, but with their crickets in the evening they get a few worms of the day, I alternate between a few different ones. I took me a few tries with the greens to find out what they like, Frank loves yellow peppers and squash and Sunny loves carrots. I haven't tried roaches yet because I'm scared they will love them, and I don't want them in my house!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom