My little guy needs some help :( bad Dia 02-19-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your help, it really has helped me so much!! Hes my first beardie, but I already love them so much!

Hes on his 7 day rest for the panacur and I'm gonna try to go back to are reptile vet again before he is due to take it another five days. He told us to bring in a stool sample next time we come in to see if he still has parasites, if he doesn't anymore I'm thinking they will take him off it for good, I'm pretty sure the pinworms are not the problem anymore. I'm also gonna bring in his X-rays and ultrasound and what he went over with us to show to Dracos real vet and tell him he told us to get a blood test done.
I'm gonna wait a few days though to let Draco rest, he was actually wanting to eat today, so that was a good sign. I'm cutting down on his live feeders for a while though because I was reading about the fatty liver, and it was caused by to much food at once or overly fatty foods. I gave him 15 phoenix worms today and he ate everyone. He also ate a little of his salad today, the first I have seen him eat it in 2months now.I kept the salad simple today with just collard greens and mustard greens. I'm also trying to give him more exercise, I was reading that would help break down the fat as well. I got him a big tub to swim in and he loves it more then his old little tub. He was swimming and splashing around yesterday.

I had him on +Acidophilz, and I was giving him the 3 drops a day, but it seemed to make him have really bad dia every night before he would go to bed. It would be so bad he would not stop going until he went to sleep, so ill try to put him back on benebac again, that didn't seem to upset his stomach. Can you buy the Milk Thistle extract at a grocery store?
Again thank you all so much, I hope to get Draco back to the vet after a few days rest for the blood test, he seemed good today, but if it gets urgent again I will rush him in.

Dear athenacp,
Yes he has been black bearding allot, not so much anymore, but a few weeks ago he had a permit black beard for a good 3 days. He was also doing allot of glass dancing when his temps where fine. I haven't noticed any green poo from him, it was mostly a liquid/solid consistency with blood. He was not eating for 3 days, and would only want a wax worm or two. He finally ate some phoenix worms, salad , and some squash baby food mixed with calcium today. If your little guy is not eating I would suggest squash stage one baby food, I found this really helpful when Draco had his off days to get something into him, and mixed with some calcium. I hope this helps and I hope your Beardie is ok.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Thanks Little, I didn't wanna take away from your baby, Digger is 8 years old and he was at the vet's today, we are waiting for blood results, thank you for answering me:)

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update 03-01-11 :

I just wanted to post a update about how well Draco has been doing, thanks to everyone's help on these forums! Ever since we took him to the E-vet last Monday I have seen a increase in his activity, appetite, and general health. He has been on 0.06 ML of Enrofloxacin every night and it has helped out allot. On Sat there was no blood in his stool at all, then on Sunday he had a little, but the last two days I have not seen any blood in his stool.
The first time in two months he has been eating his salad everyday and actually being excited about eating when I bring him his worms. He comes to the glass and licks and glass dances until I put his worms in. I am so happy he is finally doing better, it has been a long winter for the both of us.
Again Thank you thank you all, I love my little friend so much!

I just have one more question, Is it normal for a year old dragon to go a couple months without shedding or has it been because he has been sick? The last time he shed was around the beginning of Dec. I guess I was just used to him shedding all the time that not seeing him shed for a long time kinda worries me, but then I thought it could be because he was sick too, so I hope he keeps perking up more and more. :D

03-01-11003.jpg

Thank you for making me feel better! :mrgreen:

Monkey

Juvie Member
Awww hes looking soooo perky!!! I am so glad for you!

I would say that prolly due to being sick the growth slowed a little... Once he starts eating now I guess you will see a shed within 2 weeks or so at least a partial shed :D

Its so nice to get a really nice story for once,, too often when reptiles are involved they go south too quick... Great with a happy tail for once :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that I forgot to check back in with you!
Yes, that Milk Thistle will be just fine for you to use on him.
He looks great in that new picture there. How is he doing today?
The Baytril (Enroflaxin) dose looks fine. Is he doing ok on it & are you using a probiotic along with it too?

It sounds like he is really getting his appetite back now also, which is great news. It is perfectly normal for him to not shed as often, that is what happens when their growth slows down.

Let us know how he is doing.
Thanks.

Tracie

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words! :D He is doing good again today, No signs of blood again, and his poo is looking more normal and not so runny also. I was using Acidophiz with him, but it made him have some bad dia but he has been fine without a probiotic. He always gets excited when I bring his dinner over and is eating his salad again, a little more each day. His color is coming back as well, When he was sick he had a gray pale face, but now hes getting his yellow glow back. :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom