My Journey through the Reptile world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday I will be giving you guys an update on my Baby Beardie Onyx. But before I get into Onyx I want to tell you my journey into the Reptile World.

I have been in my apratment for three years now living with my fiancee' and my stepson. It was just last year when I decided i wanted a pet because I was bored at home when no one was there. couldnt get a dog and I hate cats so I called the pet store to see what kind of animals they had. The First thing the guy said was a Bearded Dragon. I didn't hear nothing else after that cause the name stuck in my head. i then goggled Bearded Dragons and i fell in love. By the time i got the money to get a beardie it was gone. In November 2008 I came across a House Gecko in Petco. This gecko lost her leg in a store accident and she only had three legs. So they let me adopt her with no extra charge. I named her Karma. 3 weeks later I thought Karma deserved to have a male companion. I went to a totally different Pet Shop and bought another House Gecko (Sabian). He died over night. The next day i got another one (Toa) he lasted a week and then Karma died the next day. i found out the 1st Gecko (Sabian) and the other one (Toa) which came from the same tank in the same pet store were ill and they passed it on to Karma. It took me a couple of months to get over the death of Karma cause I was really attached to her.

On March 6, 2009 I got a Chinese Water Dragon. I named him Spike. He died over night because the pet shop didnt give me the proper care sheet and I feed him something he wasnt suppose to eat. That morning he died I got my refund and looked over to my right and I saw a Bearded Dragon Tank with 3 beardies on top of each other. With my refund money i bought Onyx. I asked a whole lot of questions like a curious 5 year old. Bought crickets and a book on Bearded Dragons. Gave him his name and a new habitat. i am still learning about Onyx but he seems pretty cool. He sleeps alot like most babies but he is fun to look at. I stroke his back everyday to get use to me. not ready to pick him up yet cause i know he is just a baby. Here are some pics of Onyx Keith Warren

020-1.jpg

he was Drinking Water out of his bowl
013.jpg

feels good
011-3.jpg

his tank
009-1.jpg

Exploring
003-2.jpg

Hmmm
020.jpg

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Absolutely adorable! You got me excited for when I get my new baby. Not that I wasnt already but so tiny. So cute. Does he like baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom