my gorgeous cornsnake has flagellates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
ok now my girl cornsnake, Skitzy who ive had for 10 years now since she was 3 months old has now got her very first lot of parasites, oh my!
she has never ever refused a meal, not through pregnancy, shedding, spring, winter, she will always take the mouse. all of a sudden 2 1/2 months ago now she started refusing to eat. so got her to the vet for bloods, some abnormalities come up with her stress levels, calcium, colestrial and some liver. anyway she was only pooping greeny yellowy slime stuff, so after weeks of not knowing anything and not being bale to get a good enough sample for a fecal test, she was at the vet for a check up today and she went poopy! and she has flagellates, my poor baby. so shes now on flagyl.

anyway i have another cornsnake, Scales, who lives in the vivarium below skitzys vivarium and his poops been a bit greeny and quite runny, i took a sample to the vet but i had to put it in the fridge because i couldnt get up to the vets til the next day, anyway they couldnt find anything, no coccidia, worms, flagellates, crypto...hes fine though, hes eating and shedding fine but its just his poop so do you think this could be flagellates after all? because i know the vet said its got to be fresh poop so they can catch the flagellates moving. he doesnt seem bloated at all though whereas Skitzy is huge, proper bloated near enough the whole way up her shes also breathing a tad hard too because shes so bloated and swollen with fluid.

so do you think that scales may have the same thing? im real worried about my others, i have another female who lives in a vivarium above Skitzy in our study, i also have an 18 month old cornsnake and 2 bearded dragons who live in my bedroom, but do you think as i didnt know about the parasites i could have transferred it? i hope not now im sanitising like a mad woman between all my animals, i did beforehand anyway when i handled the animal itself but *ashamedly* not always washed my hands when ive changed their waters or moved rocks about so could have passed it that way?
oh one more thing with the medication skitzys on, the flagyl do i need to be doing something for her? i know its real harsh on their systems so the only thing im using at the mo is the usb drops you put in their drinking water, ive always used that, is there anything else to help her gut out do you think?
thanx

Anny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom