My girl Slip sleeping a lot is she brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I've been apart of this site for a few months my girls name is Sliptornavich I've had her for about 5 months and I'm pretty sure she is full grown a year and 4 or 5 months old. I took her to the vet 3 weeks ago and he gave me some antibiotics to give her because her stomach was a little bit fluidy and he wanted to make sure everything was ok so I gave her the meds for the 2 week period and during that time she was really active and I couldn't slow her down for anything, but for the last 2 weeks she's really slowed down a lot and she doesn't want to do much but sleep eat a little bit of greens and hornworms every other day. She lays on the ground in her house below the basking light I will post a pic but some days it seems like all she wants to do is nap. This is my first beardie and the first time she slowed down like this. Just wanted your opinion if you think she is brumating or what, for example today she woke up when her lights came on I moved her under the basking spot she stayed there for about 2 hours puffed out her beard a little bit yawned a couple times and then moved to what seems to be her favorite spot now I will post a pic tell me what you think thanks a lot.
85583-1991326060.jpg
85583-1650941456.jpg
85583-9088827064.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see a black beard which is good. She looks like she's at a good weight too. I'd monitor her weight regularly and watch for any drastic changes. Otherwise I'd just let her be for now. If she's in a brumation phase there isn't much to do other than keep a record of her weight and offer some water which she may or may not want.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She went to bed last night 2 hours early but today she woke up and has been basking and hanging out with me all day and also she has been eating almost everyday should I not feed her? And Yea she's not losing weight I'm going to get a scale so I can keep track of her weight as of right now she's 410 grams. Thanks for your advice I guess I'll just leave her alone and see what she wants to do.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
she should be regulating her own appetite... if she is starting to brumate she wouldn't really be eating too much so she may just be prepping. if that's the case keeping conditions to where she will not need to brumate will halt her process however there is nothing bad about them going under. see what she does and let her be a beardie I say

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may not be in a full brumation. If she wants to eat, go ahead and feed her but don't be forceful with it. She knows what she needs so I'd just keep an eye out for signs of illness like black beard or significant/sudden weight loss for now.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Found out why she's been acting lazy, she's got pinworms and cociddia. She's been sick the whole time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good to know. I've been working on those two with Darwin as well. I hope she gets better quickly!

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My girl Slip is finishing up her first week being on panacur and albon and so far she's been doing really good, she eats everyday and I can't see her being irritated at all yet plus on top of the parasite treatment she's going through a full head shed haha with her legs starting as well...poor girl but I gotta say she's handling it like a champ and although she can't verbally complain I feel like she's doing great. Cant wait for her to be off the meds so I can stop worrying so much and being able to say she's parasite free will be a relief. Also I'm keeping her hydrated with baths often as I just took her out she wants to say hello!!
85583-8289009644.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom