My George has got a leg problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my baby for around 3 weeks now. He has settled in well and it always happy stuff. I was playing with him last night and he was he's old usual self, but when I woke up this morning, he was limping on he's front right leg, he just cannot use it, it's floppy and hangs back. Before I take him to the vet, I would like to know if anyone knows what is wrong. I have sprayed him with calcium water. Is the UV light to close or to far away or ?

He's cage
Arcadia 12% D3 Tube strip bulb T8
75 Watt Exo-terra basking bulb.
Basking temperatures 43 Celcius
Hot side = 35
Cool side = 28

picture
20130817_132826.jpg

20130817_132807.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....poor little George, but he can recover easily. You need to get the basking temp. up to about 41 C, and be sure he's getting calcium. The UVB is fine, but if the temp. is not hot enough he may not absorb calcium properly which leads to slightly weaker bones. Remove most of the logs, etc and just leave one or 2 of the lower platforms so he can't fall from any height and doesn't get hurt in the labyrinth of wood pieces. [ Which, by the way, the set up looks beautiful, you obviously care a lot about him ! ] These wrist problems usually heal on their own....just limit handling, climbing, etc.

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
Thankyou for the speedy reply! I've taken out the logs for now and placed the basking rock under the light for the time being. He is the adventurous sort!

Thanks for the comment :D Im glad that he should heal soon.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
What exactly do you mean spraying with calcium water? You really need to dust his food with calcium powder, so that he really eats and absorbs the calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom