My friend wants a lizard.... doesn't know what kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
Hello and help! My friend in school wants a lizard and has no idea what kind. I told her the way I found out I wanted a bd, is that I watched animal planet and seen them on there; and then I searched them online for like 2 weeks. I told her that when you find out what lizard you want, save alot of money and start researching. Problem is, she has no computor. The only time she has a chance to get on the computor is in school, 30 min. in computor class and about 45 min. in study hall. And its very hard to get a pass to the library.
So any suggestions on what kind of lizard? She doesn't necessarily want a bearded dragon.
Oh and if you could, can you post a picture and some info about the lizard you suggested? That would be a big help.
Oh I forgot she also said that she wants one that is "around" 1 ft. long as an adult. (like its small then it grows to around a ft. long)
Thankx! :mrgreen: :D

Like NegativeCreep said, Leopard geckos are great starter lizards, my friend has one, named maggie, there not to expensive, one leopard gecko, can live in a 10 gallon tank, there really nice, and can be handled easy.
But, you should always do alot of reserch on a animal before you buy one.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Fat-tail geckos would be good, too, as they're naturally tame, get about the same size as leopard geckos, and have about the same care requirements.

Skinks don't get very big (say, a fire skink), but they're not necessarily the best if she wants to handle them a lot.

Roseman

I'd suggest a very young beardie. I'd advise against an iguana or gecko as a first lizzard.

The beardies are more "handle friendly" in my humble opinion. The positives are they are easier to feed and take care of and house too. The negatives are they will get larger, and need a larger home, (we use a 55 gallon aquarium) and there is the "poop" to remove daily. We have orange tailed leopard geckos, and theya re not as easy to handle. Our beardies love to be handled. The geckos "poop" much less, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom