My fridge FROZE ALL of my supplements - Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
So yesterday I pulled a bottle of water out of my kitchen fridge only to realize it was hardly cold at all. I took the temp in the fridge and it was in the low to mid 50's. I didn't really have anything I needed in there except dragon food & supplements, so I pulled that all out and put it in my mini fridge to hold until I could get the big one fixed. This morning I go to feed/supplement my dragons and everything in the mini fridge is FROZEN!!! All of my liquid supplements were in there!! Please help me figure out which ones can be frozen & defrosted and which ones will need to be trashed so I can order new ones ASAP...

Liquid Multivitamin
Liquid Vitamin B Complex
(I don't think vitamins freeze well, which is why you lose nutritional value when you freeze food - right??)
Liquid Calcium w/D3
Liquid Calcium w/out D3
Liquid Serrapeptase
Liquid Probiotic (Acidophiliz)
Liquid Electrolytes

Oh gosh this is going to be so expensive, not to mention the $15 worth of organic turnip greens, arugula, squash, and blueberries I bought two days ago which are now just blocks of slushy mush... :cry:

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
I hate to say it but freezing does kill off the majority of vitamins in food I wish I knew if they where any good though I honestly think it should be OK to give them to your girl for a few days until you can get more oh and try keeping small quantities of the powered vitamins for emergency useuse

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mgodfriaux":1agbky5m said:
I hate to say it but freezing does kill off the majority of vitamins in food I wish I knew if they where any good though I honestly think it should be OK to give them to your girl for a few days until you can get more oh and try keeping small quantities of the powered vitamins for emergency useuse

Yeah, that's what I figured :( ...I do have powdered vitamins & calcium that I can give to one of my dragons, but my other dragon has pre-gout so her body has a hard time processing the powdered stuff VS the liquid. I guess I don't have a choice until I can get more supplements in the mail. Thank you for the help & suggestions, I appreciate it!

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
*bump* ...sorry, I haven't ever bumped my own threads - but I really need help so I can order more supplements ASAP :(

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Talk to Tracie..she is amazing when it comes to this stuff. You can also reorder a lot of that from her site. Bug-de-lite.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom