My first Beardie Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in about a month I am going to an expo to get my first beardie, so I decided to build a structure for it in my new terrarium I got. I watched a few videos of some enclosures and was inspired to make something cool do be displayed in our living room. Here is what I got so far:

IMG_4463.jpg

Tank is an Exoterra 36 x 18 x 18, really wanted a two piece set up I can easily take out to clean

Cool Side/Hide:
IMG_6055.jpg

Basking platform and Hot Hide:
IMG_9403.jpg

IMG_6958-1.jpg

Let me know what ya think so far, still got a lot of finishing to do but thats the base of it!

vinnystefano

Original Poster
Actually its one of the new exoterra long tanks, but I think its the same dimensions as a 40g breeder 36x18x18, here a few updates :

IMG_9377.jpg

My new hypo trans lady

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

working on getting some tile for the flooring.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
vinnystefano":3i9fnhwo said:
Actually its one of the new exoterra long tanks, but I think its the same dimensions as a 40g breeder 36x18x18, here a few updates :

IMG_9377.jpg

My new hypo trans lady

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

working on getting some tile for the flooring.

Looks great, loving your juvie's colors. Really want to make some custom basking spots, just need to find the time. I'm hoping to bring my little guy home in the next two weeks. This is what I've got so far! :blob8:

FCF51A75-5B6E-4BFA-94B3-1A6E6CB33803-16958-00000AE713A50482.jpg

vinnystefano

Original Poster
Your's looks nice! I still have some stuff to add but with the structures they were pretty fun to make just time consuming but I really dont like how they turned out with the sealer. I used mod podge to seal it which seems like it just wipes off with water. I gave my juvie a bath and put her back a little wet to dry in the basking spot and after a minute she moved and where she was wet on the surface of the structure had turned white and liquid. Seems like it might make cleaning it rather complicated. Looking for a new sealer to put over the mod podge now.

vinnystefano

Original Poster
I took some styro and stuck it to the top of the fixture, I think it was 1/2 in. thick, then wrapped it in foil tape (looks + to make sure none of the styro bits got loose in her tank) then I cut slits in the tape/styro put a little lock tight in the grooves and stuck it to the plastic that comes down. Works great and looks clean and I put a lil wire around the whole thing just in case the glue ever gives out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom