My first beardie and am a bit worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Hi.
I have a male juvi beardie and am getting worried because he's sleeping almost 24/7 and his appetite has decreased dramtically. He normally scarfs down 20 or more 4 week old crickets and a full dish of greens daily. Today he ate 1 cricket and no greens as an example. Could he be into brumation?

He turned 7 months old on the 15th and is just a smidge over 17 inches. He's not chubby like some I've seen on here, I think he's a bit on the thin side in my opinion. His home is not as hot as it should be in the basking area but I have new items on order. When I let him out to run around he tends to go hid in a cool area on the floor and goes to sleep. Is that on purpose or does he get too cold exploring and just stops and sleeps. He also moves to the cooler areas of the tank and sleeps so I'm not too concerned of it not being up to par on heat.

How do I know if I'm giving him too much calcium? Not enough? Or too much vitamins or not enough to metabolize the calcium?

Do anyone feed their beardies crickets that have passed on? A lot of mine have died I think because the room got too cold, not of illness. Either that or it was the cricket dust that did it.

So many questions. All suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now I am really worried. I just read we can only give them carrots as a treat. I've been giving mine carrot slivers since he started eating greens. So, since early August. Is he now dying of Vitamin A toxicity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom