My endless enclosure problem!!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
So, I'm getting a Beardie for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!! :mrgreen:

Anyways, I'm getting an adult male, captive bred. I want probably a 55-70 gallon for it. Anyhow, I have a few Qs...

Q1: What size? I've heard 55 gallon is good, and I've heard 75 gallon. What should I do?? Please give me reasons.

Q2: What kind should I get???? I have to stack my 40 gallon Ball Python tank on top of it, and besides, glass doesn't hold heat well. I went to http://www.animalplastics.com, and I was looking at the Terrestrial<T10, and I thought that looked good. But it's so pricy! I was also thinking about building one, but that's kinda hard. Plastic or wood? How would the lamps and everything fit in??

Thanks to all!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
A 40g long tank is enough for an adult, but a 75gallon long is ideal. You can build one at 4x2x2, I believe, which would be just fine. If you happen to have a 55 gallon aquarium, that would be also be fine, from what I understand. The 'long' tanks are made for terrariums, rather than aquariums, since there is more floor space, rather than a tall space. You want plenty of roaming room.

The animalplastics cages are nice, but they seem to require products made specifically for their cages. After adding heat and light and any other extras, it will be very pricey. I'm assuming you're a minor, which usually means that you don't have a large chunk of cash!

Building one shouldn't be out of the question, if you have the time/help/resources. They can be very nice cages. Here is one that a guy built and put the specs online for people. http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom