My enclosure... almost ready for his arrival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpBD

Beardie name(s)
Sully
Hi everyone! I've got my enclosure set up, have been running the basking (75w and 50w halogen) and UVB (Arcadia T5, 12%. Also have ordered a 14% but starting with 12%) lights, and have temperatures stable and where I want them. (The rocks look precarious but are very solid, I made sure of that!) I have a ceramic heat emitter in the fixture on top, but won't need it currently as it's warm here.

I'm starting with paper towels because my tile (which is the kind that looks like hardwood, and has texture) has not yet arrived. Does anyone with a Zen Habitats tank have a clever way to mount a hammock in the corner? The suction cups won't stay stuck on the bamboo panels...
IMG_0363.JPG

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that's coming along nicely! love the storage under it too. try command hooks for the hammocks.

cpBD

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sully
Thank you both! Given the helpful info you provided, I realized I had some double-sided foam tape, so I used it on the suction cups. (I placed the hammock low, as I don't know how clumsy, or not, my new boy may be!)

One question—do you think he'll be able to get up into the hammock, via the log/branch underneath it? I don't have a very good sense of how well they can climb. My boy will be about 2 months when I pick him up on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 71

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
are you thinking the log in the back left? i would think so. they are great climbers and jump up on to things too.

as a head up because i just thought of it, they also think they are superman, especially when they are little, so be careful when you have him outside of the enclosure. they believe they can fly! like no depth perception. "3 foot drop, nah i got that!"

cpBD

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sully
Ah, I forgot to attach the updated pic... (added it now). That's the placement.

Thank you for the heads up - I will be extremely careful not to let him launch off of anything!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah they can be jumpers, some do some don’t keep an eye on em lol. Ours have given us plenty of scares. They are semi arboreal in other words they like to climb and jump. The hammock is good there. Good thing getting the material hammocks the mesh like hammocks tend to snag and pull the nails and can cause injury.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Yeah they can be jumpers, some do some don’t keep an eye on em lol. Ours have given us plenty of scares. They are semi arboreal in other words they like to climb and jump. The hammock is good there. Good thing getting the material hammocks the mesh like hammocks tend to snag and pull the nails and can cause injury.
Yeah I had to train mine to use my hand like a stepstool because he kept jumping off the table his cage sits on when I would open his door and it freaked me out. It's less than two feet onto carpet but I almost had a heart attack the first time he did it. He still likes to leap off my hand. He thinks he's a real dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom