My dragons vivs

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone i just wanted to share my vivs. they are made with plywood and decorated with gs, cemented and painted with acrilic paints. Hope you like them, I certainly enjoyed building them. I have pics of all the construction, can i post all of them?

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN1038.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

DSCN1037.jpg

DSCN1035.jpg

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! I´m very pleased with the vivs and i love my poopers...

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pipandmerlin":b0809 said:
Oh I love them, well done what a job. How long did it take you? I am looking to build my own for merlin.

Hi, thanks, building the furniture took me just one morning since i ordered the melamine cut to the size i wanted. It took me two more weeks to decorate because of the time i had to wait for the gs to dry and so each layer of paint ( 4 ). And a whole day to do the electric part, but that´s only because i don´t like electricity and i don´t like working with it, but anyone who knows about it will do better and faster than me jajaj...
So, it took me about 15 days more or less to have it done, and another week to eliminate the paint smells.

MommytoSobe

Hatchling Member
Wow.... That is impressive... Im gonna get my oh so handy hubby to make something cool for me sometime. VERY NICE. :)

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MommytoSobe":ca093 said:
Wow.... That is impressive... Im gonna get my oh so handy hubby to make something cool for me sometime. VERY NICE. :)

Make him you have that power! jajajaj...

Very nice! my dad and i built one viv out of asmall end table-cabnet and did tile all in the inside and its so heavy ! lol
So what are the measurements of them and how did you do the wiring? I'm wanting to build me a thing like you did that consists of a few tanks so i have more space in my room.

Zaphyrus

Awesome vivs! I'm looking into building a viv to house my current dragon and a future dragon like the ones you've made.

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone, i really enjoy doing this vivs so its a pleasure shearing them with you all

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BeardieBebe15":39886 said:
Very nice! my dad and i built one viv out of asmall end table-cabnet and did tile all in the inside and its so heavy ! lol
So what are the measurements of them and how did you do the wiring? I'm wanting to build me a thing like you did that consists of a few tanks so i have more space in my room.

Hi the wiring is not that difficult to do. It´s just a fixture conected to the main switch. I don´t really like doing the electric part of the job so i asked for help to a guy who has more experience in this field. He conected two fixtures ( the ones that would carry the spots ) together so they turned on and off at the same time and did the same with the uvb lights. Then i conected everything to a timer, i mean a timer for the spots and another timer for the uvb lights.
The wires come out through a hole in the top of the terrarium and come inside again through another hole in the bottom. They are all hiden behind the wooden doors, so no wire can be seen when you look the complete furniture in use.
Measurments are 1.10m x 0.50m x 0.60m Each terrarium. Sorry i can´t convert to inches

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom