My dragon lives alone but keeps laying eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki606

I am not trying to breed my bearded dragon. She lives alone and has never even met a male. She is 18 months old.

Around 3 weeks ago she showed signs of wanting to lay eggs. She stopped eating and kept trying to dig. We provided her with a tray full of dirt which we got from a reptile shop. She then laid 21 eggs and was quickly back to her normal self much to our relief. Then just 2 weeks later she showed the same signs again so we put the tray back in. Today she laid another clutch of eggs.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Will she lay again? Is there anyway of stopping this as it is very stressfl for me and her

I rang the vet (who is a reptile expert) and he didn’t think it was that unusual and he gave us a vitamin and a calcium supplement to give to her.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
yes its normal femals lay unfertle eggs usually only once but no there is no was of stopping it sorry she might lay again but usually they lay once but sometimes there more than one clutch so once shes done with how many clutches(2-3) then she will be done i think im pritty sure no will not just go an happen next year to or anything like that hope it helps that why i dont want athen a to grow up lol but im planning to breed her thats why when you first breed a beardie its some times infertle but anyways back to the point yes its normal for her to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom