My Crew..... Has to go to two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
WoW!
Twisted One :p I had no idea you had such a large zoo....I'm with Jeritta it's great to see others with large zoo's too. :wink:

TwistedCrayon":vl1mjhj6 said:
Now for the girls....
P9083302.jpg
Domonique. She is huge! Loves to eat! But I've never seen a dragon with that much chin I guess you'd call it. Is this normal? There are no bumps or masses. She is active and healthy just has a quadruple chin.

I'm not sure how normal it is, but one of my beardies RD has a very large beard/throat too.
DSC01345-1.jpg

Vicky's Jaba had the largest throat/beard I'd ever seen on a beardie.
You might ask her what her thoughts are on that. :wink:

You have a wonderful looking zoo. :D
But after reading this thread.... :p I must ask???? :wink:
Do you plan on picking up anymore for your zoo in Anaheim? :roll: :wink:

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol Thanks Barb! No I don't plan on getting anymore. Will they have feeders and lights and stuff like most reptile shows? Are you going to be able to make it?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I was just getting ready to PM you. :wink:
Yes we should be there Saturday about the time the show opens if everything goes as planned. :)

Yes if you look on the vendors list you will see who's all purchased a table/space.
http://www.narbc.com/htm2006/an_vendor.php
There will be lighting, feeders, enclosures, supplements,....etc...not to mention reptiles. :wink:
Are you going Saturday? Or Sunday?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Your babies all look great, I'm glad the leo's are doing ok! I am so jealous about you getting to go to Anaheim! You're tougher than I am, I would walk away with a new baby!!

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hellllllooooooo guys!

You can tell that it is getting colder. Brumation has set in, in this house. Grim and Reese are asleep and have been days now. Everyone else has slowed down a lot even the babies. I am still baby sitting a friends two. Somehow, I don't think she will be taking them back, but we will see.

08-31-10_1046.jpg

Here they are. They didn't look quite this healthy when I got them, but we fattened them up....=) The big one is Scratch, it's a she. The littler one is Sniff, boy.

P1013024.jpg

Grim, looking less than amused. He doesn't want to be watched eating salad.... He's sleepin now...

P9223341-1.jpg

All four of the babies, Scratch is at the top. Sniff and Jordyn in the salad. Alberta at the bottom.

One of Grim and Reese's babies came back to us, they felt she was too much responsibilty. (Alberta, pictured above) if anyone local wants her and and/or will pay the shipping.

Reese, Sly, Domonique and Brooks need new pics of them taken.....So I will post updates on them soon....

and last but not least.....The newest addition to our zoo....

P9223344.jpg

Enjoying outside....

P9223349.jpg

Rolling, rollin, rollin, .......

P9223340.jpg

She's MAD!!!

And that's what's happening here. =)

fez09

Extreme Poster
Great updates! A new addition!?! When, how, why!!! She's pretty, does she have a name? The pic of Grim eating salad is cute and I love the babies suntanning in the kiddie pool! My grown ups are trying to sleep too but I decided to wake them up at least every other day...

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
is grim getting married, maybe he wants to look good in his tux. what kind of scale are you using, if digital, are the batteries new. 24 grams is less than an ounce, all scales are probably off a few ounces here and there anyway, but keep monitoring just to be safe.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
TwistedCrayon":hzgihad5 said:
Lol Thanks Barb! No I don't plan on getting anymore. Will they have feeders and lights and stuff like most reptile shows? Are you going to be able to make it?

Love this post, and then a few posts later, look at my new beardie! I love it!! Addictive little things arent they? :mrgreen:
Duckie says his new sis is hot!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Didn't you have six beardies at the top of page 6? And 10 now? :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: I do know yow that happens! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: Your zoo is wonderful!!!!! :love5:

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Geesh, y'all don't let anything slip....lol

Okay, I have had Grim since last September. I got Brooks as a baby last November. Jordyn and Domonique came from a reptile show in January. I got Sly, Reese and Adrian in January a week after...from a bad situation. Reese meet up with Grim and they had 2 babies that didn't collapse. We are up to nine right? I got Adrian well and adopted her out. I also found homes for the two little ones. Back down to 6......

Then...., a friend of mine needed some help with her two. She put them in the garage while she was remodeling her house. They were not in the best of health. (they are now and both have grown and are going through a full shed), if she decides not to take them back I will adopt them out....

Back to 8.....

Then one of Grim and Reese's babies came back to us, so we are looking for a new home for her.

At 9....

Then we found an ad for a local beardie needing a home in the rescue section. I watched it for awhile hoping someone else would come forward, but he wasn't willing to ship. After awhile I contacted him, and he did. He was trying to get a school to take her. Luckily for the schools he contacted they said no. She is extremely aggressive. He tried to down play as just needing to be handled more. His 7 year old, said that she had bitten him, and without knowing I grabbed her out of the shoe box and put her on my chest. His jaw dropped. I think I just got lucky that she didn't bite me then, ( I didn't know at the time she was like this) since we have gotten her she has bitten both of us, gaps and will charge us. Could you imagine her going to a school? Oooohhhh eeemmmm geeeee!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

So Number Ten is not going to be a very good Beardie Ambassador? I do know how this works, having been up to 42 at one point (30 babies that I raised in that total) and have had a total of 46 over the last 5+ years. I had Fib for two years, but made the mistake of looking for another dragon, and it just kinda mushroomed from there. Craigslist is a sad and dangerous place! One of the guys I rehabbed did become a classroom beardie, but he was well past his juvie fierce phase. I have settled at eleven for the time being, and, until I have a couple of things settled, that is enough! (I think!)

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, just dropping in with a dragon update.... Hopefully pics will be up soon...I weighed my crew the other day and these are the results. Grim was average. Sly gained some. Natasha, my newest addition lost some weight. They used to feed her pinkies every two weeks, that I won't do, but she loves her supers. Reese is semi brumating. Sleeping days away, then up for a day. Domenique is sleeping her days away as well. Brooks is bring a hormonal little boy. Bobbin and black bearding everything, including me. Jordyn is finally growing like a real dragon should. His sister is Domenique. Jynx is growing well too...:) The two I am beardie sitting have grown about 2 inches each and both have shed once and in the process if a shed now. Both have almost doubled in weight. That's all the news here......

Grim.     644g. 22in
Sly.         520g 19in
Natasha.  496g.  18 1/2
Reese.     400g.  15 3/4
Domo.   474g.  18 3/4
Brooks.   404g.  17 3/4
Jordyn.     204g. 15in
Mini me.   222g 15in 
Lol John   128g. 13in 
Jynx.    44g.    9in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom