My Beardie's um "little Elvis" is shriveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithyck

Hello all,First time posting. (please forgive poor spelling)

Today i just picked up a 18 mounth old beardie named Rango from a nice old lady who loved him so but could no longer keep him. He has everything a young dragon could want for a tank and lamps and food and more! and seems in good health. however... when i got him home and picked him up to see how friendly he was (very) I saw what looked like pooh sticking out. Shriveled and black. so i thought it may be stuck. gently i started to pull it out only to find that its the tip of one of his two...umm.. lets call it his little Elvis.. what should i do?
Manythanks for all the advice to come!
-Ithyck-

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) That could be a prolapse. It could be a serious problem. I would message Drache613 (tracie) she is a monitor on here and knows a lot. She might know.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kcarello":1x8nnks9 said:
A picture would be helpful. It could also be a seminal plug...which is normal.

My first thoughts too. A prolapse wouldn't look like what you are describing.

-Brandon

Ithyck

Original Poster
Here is a pic.

P1012585.jpg

Ithyck

Original Poster
When we first got him, he was on sand (which kept sticking to it) which we've removed and replaced with paper towels until we can get some bigger reptile carpet. We keep our other Beardie on reptile carpet because we've always heard that sand is bad for them. We've soaked him in sugar water and bandaged the area just in case of prolapse, but if it isn't a prolapse and there's something else we should be doing, we'd love to know what that something is!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well, you got a good clear picture and you can breathe a sigh of relief, it's not a prolapse but a seminal plug. You can dislodge it by soaking him in warm water, putting on some gloves and gently moving + twisting it a little. It should come off that way. Don't be surprised if he pops out one of his hemipenes when you do this, but it should retract on it's own.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, that would be seminal plug. It will come out on its own, or you can try to gently pull it out, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom