My Beardie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

macab

Hello. Ive had my bearded dragon for about 1 year now and shes been fine and easy to look after but recently ive started to become worried with some of her bahaviour.

She likes to dig, alot. sometimes she wakes me up constantly scratching and head nodding the glass (not hard, but like tapping she doesnt ever look injured from this) She eats fine, well she only eats locusts, few bits of lettuce and cress and sometimes meal worms. Her temps are 95 - 105 area. Has all the required lights. im just wondering if she is ok? Ive heard that females lay eggs even if they arent with a male, since i have only just found that out (didnt check because i though she was a male) what do i do? i have had her checked out by local reptile shop owners that own loads of reptiles themselves and are very knowledgable, they said shes fine and healthy.

i was wondering if her cage might be too small its 3ft...but she doesnt hardly move, quite lazy really.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Digging can indeed be an indicator that she is gravid with infertile eggs.
Has your dragon put on any weight recently?
If you roll your fingers around on her tummy can you feel any masses?

Holly

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
Hi,

Also - when does the digging occur? is it at night, during the day??

Do you use any lights at night?

What are you using for UVB? How old is it?

~Allison

macab

Original Poster
No i havent noticed any bumps in her tummy, but i tried to pick her up today but she is being stubborn and i dont want to force her to be picked up.

Ive put in a box of coco something, terrosoil i think. she hasnt taken notice in it yet but im sure she will.

She digs likes when lights go off, i think she does this to find a place to sleep because where she digs is usually where she is sleeps in the end and she also likes to dig when the lights come on, well in the morning. i thought it was a sign she wanted to be picked up once but i tink she just likes chilling out on her own.

i did however once notice she bled in her faeces. i asked the exotic animal shop guys and they said i was the second one this week, so i dont know if it was their food suppiler being weird but she hasnt done since.

and i have only just brought a new uvb bulb, its 10.0. reptisun i believe or could be glow? im not sure, i have a terrible memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom