My beardie won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

My girl Annie is 6 months old now. She won't eat. I've tried greens and a variety of fruit, veggies, worms. Is there a trick to get her to eat. I'll offer food, and she closes her eyes and ignores it. I've tried hand feeding, putting it into a container. I'm literally out of ideas. I weighed her today and she's just about 350 grams. She's around 15 inches long.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's at a pretty good weight. I'd continue to track it to ensure it stays stable. Do you see signs of a shed? She may just be in a phase between growth spurts and not as hungry as usual. How is her activity level? Is she acting alert or is she lethargic?

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Annie doesn't act lethargic. She's always wanting out to sit on the couch by the window. I don't see a shed coming on. I just worry cause in the past month, she's maybe eaten 2-3 pieces of greens and a few worms and hasn't pooped, which I assume is related to not eating enough. ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she's active. Keep close track of her weight. If it starts to trend downward you may want to bring her for a vet checkup and start offering some baby food. If her weight remains stable then I'd just keep offering foods and let her pick what she wants.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lazy is the word most likely .... sounds like my Peppa who went from being a voracious cricket and silkworm destroyer and salad demolisher to a lazy girl who wants lots of snuggles and decided she wants "The Rex Treatment" = handfeeding of her crickets and some of her greens with the onset of the colder / overcast wintery weather to .

I'd make sure she's getting enough insect protein to continue growing by handfeeding her insects to her if she is too lazy to chase and catch them.

Also since she's 6 months old, it could be the UVB light has deteriorated and is not producing UVA an UVB like should or did when brand new. I'd check how long it's been in use and if in doubt replace it with new 10-12% UVB tube or compact of a suitable wattage. This might remedy the problem virtually overnight.

Oh I hope your dragon is ok! The same thing happens to me right when my dragon turned 1. How I fixed it was trying a variety of worms and feeders! I am looking for a new feeder now because my dragon is done with superworms. It's not unusual for a dragon to do this like Cooper said it could be a growing stage, when this happens to my dragon is when she stopped eating crickets she won't touch them! So I hope this kind of helped!

Also what worms and or bugs do you feed your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom