my beardie wont drink water

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiperNoSwiping

He's fully grown and I've tried giving him water in a dish which he didn't go near and he doesn't drink the water in the bath, which I heard they tend to do. He also won't touch the veggies I put in his cage thing (I know it's not called a cage but I cant think of the proper name at the moment). Anyways his skin is starting to get wrinkled on his back around his legs and I'm worried someone help

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies get most of their moisture from food. Things like collard greens and squash have high water content and you can give them a quick rinse before feeding. Even crickets have a good deal of water in them. So you may have nothing to worry about. You say he's not eating his veggies; is he eating at all?

Wrinkly skin is normal to an extent. They have excess so they can twist and turn their bodies, or it could be related to shedding or slight weight loss. A way to test dehydration is to gently pinch a bit of skin and hold it for a few seconds then release. If the skin went back into place quickly he's getting enough moisture; if it stays raised for more than a few seconds and is slow to move, increase water intake. Another thing to pay attention to is his stool. Is it hard or soft?

I would try (if you haven't already) just dribbling a bit of water on the snout during bath time. Be careful not to get water in the nostrils. By just letting the water drip off your hand onto the nose, your beardie should stick his tongue out to check it out. Even if he doesn't, water still gets soaked up through the vent during baths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom