My Beardie will only eat Phoenix worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
I'm just wondering if this is okay?
Del is 9 months old. For a while he was eating crickets, and baby superworms. Well, he hadnt eaten much for a bit so I ordered Phoenix worms and he LOVES THEM! I've never seen him eat so much and act so happy! Seriously I see a huge difference in him and his poo even looks much healither.

Is this okay? I was about to order him 100 or more, but I thought they were really fatty or only supposed to be used for treats?

He don't mind crickets, but he wont chase them around and he only seems to eat em if he's REALLY hungry.

I think he just likes the most expensive foods :lol: :shock:

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":5d2ce said:
They are healthy, its the butter and wax worms that are not so healthy! Also you can try Dubia roaches! Good luck.. :D

Ahh, that is SUCH GREAT NEWS! I'm a lil nervous to try the roaches, however I think i'll give it a shot for once. Arent roaches like very mean though?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Nooooo not at all! Get the Dubias for starters they are very friendly! You can pick them up and let them crawl on you. They don't bite or pinch, its just a bit weird the first time you touch them cause they stick to you! :lol: :wink: Once you try them I will almost guarantee you will keep them as your feeders. And your beardie will love em! :D

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":ba823 said:
Nooooo not at all! Get the Dubias for starters they are very friendly! You can pick them up and let them crawl on you. They don't bite or pinch, its just a bit weird the first time you touch them cause they stick to you! :lol: :wink: Once you try them I will almost guarantee you will keep them as your feeders. And your beardie will love em! :D

You are very helpful.
Where would I find them Dubias? Are they as easy to raise as superworms? I have been keeping supers and now have sooooo many and nothing to do w/ them b/c neither beardie really care for them at all :(

I found the cheapest place to get PW are at Caliente Dragons but she has no Dubias listed there.

crickest

Juvie Member
Tried roaches and hated them with a passion! They look like a roach, they crawl like a roach and its really hard to feed them to your dragon when you are screaming and throwing them across the cage when they move. It gives me the heebie-jeebies to even think about it.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
crickest":f9ab6 said:
Tried roaches and hated them with a passion! They look like a roach, they crawl like a roach and its really hard to feed them to your dragon when you are screaming and throwing them across the cage when they move. It gives me the heebie-jeebies to even think about it.

LOL.. cute!
Your story reminds me excatly how I think i'm going to feel. However my boys need to eat, and if they like em i'll just have to be tough. The word ROACH gives me goosebumps.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
http://www.theroachranch.com
Theroachguy.com
http://www.afexotics.weebly.com

The easiest way to deal with them is to put them into a cup and put a dusting of calcium in their and swirl it around, you wont even have to touch them. But if you want to get over your fear then just stick your hand in their and grab a handful and you will get over your fear! Ian over at the ranch has great info and he is a great help! Any questions ask him or me! Yes they are easy to raise! Once they get going you will never have to buy another feeder again! Good luck.. I at one time was raising 200 dragons and loved them! Now I am down to 5! And still feed roaches! :wink:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
BDMom22":1b263 said:
crickest":1b263 said:

LOL.. cute!
Your story reminds me excatly how I think i'm going to feel. However my boys need to eat, and if they like em i'll just have to be tough. The word ROACH gives me goosebumps.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

crickest

Juvie Member
I thought the same thing, but I couldn't get over my phobia enough to keep them. Seriously could not stop screaming anytime they came close to me. its sad to scream and run from the room because a roach is moving my way and the thought of putting my hand into anything and touching them is enough to make me feel sick. I hope you have better luck.

DeathVamp21

yay mine s about the same but my bd wont eat nothing except baby mice.He wont eat lettuce or the meat stuff i put in there for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom