My beardie was sleeping in the corner and is a little cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraxMan

First off i'm a new beardie owner ( and proud of it)
i noticed he was sleeping with his nose in the corner when i picked him up he was colder that normal and took a few seconds to wake up, is he okay and if not what can i do (this is my first night with him as i just got him today, he is about 3-4 inches long.) please help.

Two words: Chill. Out.

Don't forget that bearded dragons are clever, self-sufficient creatures that survive in the wild. Completely without human keepers. And have for a long, long time.

That's not to say that you shouldn't give your new beardie all the best care you can... just don't drive yourself crazy.

Anyway, more specifically, if your enclosure includes both a warm and a cold side, and the warm side is warm enough, it's safe to assume that your dragon will find its way to the side of the enclosure that it needs to be at. One night sacked out on the cold side isn't going to kill him or even make him sick. Give him a week or so, and then if he's still not basking where the temperatures are right, investigate the possibility of there being something wrong with your setup or your dragon. Remember - he's a little dude and all the rushing around he's done today (getting bought, getting moved to your house, getting put in a new place) is exhausting and frightening. He probably just passed out where he was standing. He'll be fine.

BraxMan

Original Poster
Thanks a ton for the quick answer, i do tend to worry alot, i'm new to reptiles and am learning. thanks once again!

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Rather ask! When we got our first beardie, we drove everyone nuts trying to figure this out. Good thing we found this site. The first few days you will probably notice all the strange things they do and it WILL worry you - only to find out most of it is quite normal.

Enjoy your beardie - they are so awesome to have around.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
You could always cover him with a small blanket on a night time to keep him warmer. My beardie loves her blanket and it stops me from worrying as much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom