My Beardie threw up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyT

Juvie Member
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I usually know my stuff when it comes to Bearded Dragons, but I don't know the cause of this. I’m not sure if it’s a major concern, but earlier when I went into my room, my beardie climbed down from his basking spot and threw up. He kind of violently thrashed his head (wasn’t a head bob) and it just flew out. I don’t know if it’s because of the excessive heat that has been going on, or if I freaked him out by entering and approaching too fast, or some other reason. I think that he could have thrown up because he was startled or if it was a defense mechanism (like snakes regurgitate, so they can escape faster). I just want to make sure that it is not a major concern. Thanks!

Andy

shanation

i kno what your going thro, one of my beardies did the same thing when she was one. i think its just a reflex thing, like if a human stomach doesnt like whats going on in its stomach or any other animal, it will force it out at certain times. i made sure to rehydrate and replenish as much vitamins and protiens and what not as much as i could and my beardies fine

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks! I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a big problem.

Andy

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
There are several reasons for a beardie doing that. One is if the temps are off, that can upset their tummy. Give him a bath for about 20 minutes, that will help rehydrate him.

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The temps have been very off for the past few days because of the excessive heat. I am giving him a bath in a few minutes. Thanks!

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom