My Beardie This Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
For awhile in Nov-Dec my beardie (born March 2010) went into a kinda mini brumation. Then in mid-late december she came out of it.
Now she's changing again. Her orange has really came out, she's ripping around her enclosure and alot of the time she's standing up tall with her chest up and wide eyed. The only problem, she isn't eating. She will eat a little bit of greens in the morning but turns her nose up at crickets, wax worms and mealworms. Been over a week now. She's never turned down wax or meal worms ever before. Plus when she's out she has lots of energy.
All the temps are normal and I use a reptisun 10.0.
She seems more alive than ever. Never goes in her hides or mopes around. Gets 3-4 baths a week.
Is this just another phase for beardies? :?

Legion

My beardie is doing the same thing. Mini brumation for the past 2 months and now she's full of energy. Constantly glass dancing, can't sit still. But she won't eat. I can't tell if she's eating her greens or just spilling her food as she runs by. She does drink at least. Hopefully someone will be able to give us an answer.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is now in brumation again. She's only 10 months old. She came out of her 1st mini brumation and was super active. Now she has crawled in her cave and is full brumation. :roll:
Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom